6. Motherly Figures.

"You want me to what?" Doi asked as her commander handed her a new mission file.

"Zarkon choose you to guard his son for the time being. Went on about how he need a female in his life to not let him get used to a male centric world or something. I don't know. I just know, that you are going to go watch that brat while I go get some food." The Commander walked away, leaving Doi in shock.

Why Me? She thought as her knowledge of the prince went through her head. She started to walk towards the boys barracks. She passed a small doorway, only to hear yelling and grunting. Curiosity got the better of her as she quickly opened the door, peering inside.

Surprisingly enough, it was the Prince. Lotor was fighting against a level 58 gladiator, and winning. He huffed as the machine fell to the ground, pausing for a second to let the prince drink some water.

As the prince drank he slowly slid to be sitting on the ground, laying his head down on his hands. Doi walked towards the boy, only to get a stare from him. "Why are you here? You seem a little young for an adviser." Doi rolled her eyes, putting out a hand for the prince.

"I'm your new guard. Doi, nice to meet ya." She pulled her hand back after a minute, realising the boy wasn't going to take the offer. "So, why are you cooped up in this stupid training room? Should you be out discovering new worlds or something Prince like?" Lotor got up and walked away from the girl.

"I will not need nor do I want your assistance. Please leave." Lotor becomed, walking towards the door, only to feel a hand pull him back.

"See pretty boy, I don't get pushed like that. The Emperor told me to watch you. You really think I'll stay where I am in the empire if I let some snotty prince get the best of me?" Lotor was taken a back by this.

The next move was worse. 

She pulled Lotor back towards her, getting both of them to the floor. She sat down behind him and started to brush her fingers through his hair. Lotor tried to pull back, but she was already putting in small braids.

Lotor started to try to struggle, but Dio only put her hands down on his shoulders, leaving him to calm himself down.

"Shh. You're okay Lotor. Calm down." She brought her hands around the boys shoulders, leaning her head down to his shoulders as he starts to calm down. "Wise men stand by the fire, fools are burned by the pyre, run back towards mothers side, sing sweet mother a Lullaby." She sang softly.

Lotor started to fall into the maidens spell as he took hold of her arm, letting his head fall down. Dio kept humming, rubbing Lotor's back every few seconds.

"Are you okay? I wouldn't expect a boy your age to crumble so easily." Dio smirked as Lotor slowly tried to get up, failing by his own will. 

A few days went by, and it was now usual to find Lotor just sitting around with Dio talking, or sparing with Dio, even a moment of vulnerability.

It was late in the night, and the two had been sparing till the last seconds of light. Lotor was in his bed, watching Dio leave to her room, when his mouth started speaking through a mind of its own. 

"I.. I don't like being alone." Lotor want to hit his mouth shut, hide away under his covers and wait till the day light came. 

But he didn't. Instead he looked up, showing weakness to Dio as she smiled back at him. Dio walked over, sat on the edge of the bed, and put a hand around the young Prince's ear, rubbing his hair slightly. Her warm smile filled Lotor's tiny little heart with more happiness than anything else.

"Sweetie, do you want me to stay till you fall asleep?" Lotor nodded back to her, pulling back the covers and letting Dio in. She sat down, looking up at the ceiling. "Did you paint all of those?" Dio asked, pointing at the ceiling. Full to the brim with painted star charts and little sketches.

"No, most of them are mine, but the star charts are Commander Talia's work when she was assigned to me. The little yellow flower girl was drawn by Quadrant 623 Cadet 5762837. Commanding Officer Brig even did a few of the leaves on the tree over there. A Few of the Olkari Prince's did the creatures coming down the wall, I did the path before hand. Princess Allura did the little white flowers that are in the hair of the girl I drew. The.. the others are all *yawn* mine." Lotor's eyes started to flutter as he counted the purple flowers around his room. "And The purple ones are *yawn* fathers. He said it was the only... only thing he could draw,.." Lotor's head bobbed again, and Dio slowly started to get out of the bed, only to hear Lotor's voice one last time. "Please don't leave me." 

Dio looked back, to see Lotor facing the opposite way as before. There was red on the ends of his ears, showing the true navies of the young prince. Dio sighed, leaning over the bed and picking Lotor up carefully as she got back in the bed. Lotor didn't even think twice about wrapping himself closer to Dio. 

Dio brought Lotor up onto her lap, cuddling him as he started to let himself relax. Dio smiled as she started to hear small muffled cries from the boy. She started rub his back, and sh-ing him as he let the tears roll down his cheeks. Lotor's head was filled to brim with emotion, and it finally over flowed.

"I.. I don't lik.. like this feeling." Lotor stuttered out. Dio pulled him in closer, wiping tears from his cheeks.

"I know sweetie. skŭpotsenen. Tell me what has been going on. Why are you so stressed honey?" Lotor buried his head into Dio's chest, clinging around her neck like his life depended on it. Dio perked as she heard others outside the door. She looked down at Lotor solemnly and sighed. "Stay here."

She got up and slowly walked to the door, opening it just a crack before swiftly getting out and shutting the door. In front of her were two of the royal guard nights who had probably been patrolling that hall.

"Dolious, we heard crying, has the prince been kidnapped?" One of them asked, trying to get past the woman. 

"He just had a night terror is all. And It's Dolias, not Dolious." The two men scuffed and looked back at Dio.

"Really, the prince had a night terror? Sure, okay, what did you break?" One of the guys said, pushing on Dio's shoulder.

"For your information, I am here under the call of the emperor, so I wouldn't mind the two of you returning to your post and leaving the young prince to sleep." She turned, swung the door back opened,  "Thank you!" SLAM!