Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Scarlett's POV

To say Matt was furious, was the understatement of the century. I swear, you could have seen smoke coming out of his ears.

In other words, he wants to strangle Nate, even more than before. It had taken me a good fifteen minutes to get him to calm down and see straight. And even after that he still wanted to knock him out.

Eventually I got him to agree to let me go, seeing as it would be the safest option for everyone, and that he would meet me at the airport when our flight lands.

It was an emotional goodbye, he truly thinks something is going to happen during the vacation. I sure hope not. But it is Nate, so I never know what I'll get from him.

Pulling up into the driveway, I freeze. Nate's car is parked in the driveway.

Shit.

He's home. He isn't supposed to be home until tomorrow morning to pick me up to go to the airport.

Quickly, I mentally prepare myself for the verbal and physical abuse that is impending on my arrival.

Taking a deep breath, I open the door and I am immediately engulfed in a hug. Taken aback by the gesture, it takes me a few seconds to lightly hug him back.

He pulls back and looks deep into my eyes. It feels like he knows my plan, so I avert my eyes.

"Babe, I was so worried about you when I didn't see your car when I got home. Are you okay? Did anything happen?" he asks, concern etched in his voice. He hasn't sounded like that since when we first started dating.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a last minute run to the post office. I'm sorry," my voice comes out as a whisper.

"It's okay, baby, I have some hot chocolate made up in the kitchen, just the way you like it," he kisses me on my forehead, before making his way to the kitchen. I scurry to head after him.

Who replaced him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt's POV

I was furious when I found out she was going on a trip with that lowlife. And I still am furious. But she was right, it would raise red flags if she refused and he probably would have beaten her if she refused.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. When did everything get so complicated?

My phone ringing, jerks me out of my thoughts.

"Hello?" I answer without looking who's calling.

"Hey Matt!" a voice chirps. Alicia. I swear, if I ever find a better assistant trainer than her, I'm firing her in an instant. She is so annoying.

"Hey, what can I do for you?" I ask in a bored tone.

"Yeah, I was wondering if I could have the next few days off for a little family vacation," she pleads.

"Yeah that's fine," I agree absentmindedly. At least it means I don't have to deal with her for a few days.

"Thank you so much! See you in a few days," she purrs and hangs up.

I spin the blue box on my desk a few times. Only a few more days, only a few more days until Scarlett is mine again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for another short chapter. It was a filler chapter. But I promise there will be tons more action in the following chapters until the end. Thanks for reading!