Chapter 1

A/N: Here's to a second story with the Mitchell-Beale household. Hopefully you guys like it. Enjoy!

"Mason, get up." Beca said as she walked by her son's bedroom. His alarm had gone off but he hadn't gotten up.

The seventeen year old groaned as he sat up in his bed. He made his way downstairs to get breakfast when he heard his sister laughing.

"Morning." He sighed as he walked into the kitchen, greeting Chloe and Maddison.

"Hello." Maddison smiled. The now five year old was way too happy according to Mason. He was definitely more like Beca in the morning while Maddison was more like Chloe in that way.

"Someone's happy huh?" Chloe chuckled.

"It's Monday morning, how can you be so happy?" Mason shook his head.

"Give me the cereal." Maddison said to Mason as she tried reaching for the box across the table.

"What if I don't?" Mason smirked.

"Mason." Maddison whined. When her brother still didn't give it to her she punched his arm.

Mason just laughed as her tiny hands were unable to hurt him.

"Maddison don't hit him." Chloe said.

"But mama!" Maddison yelled.

"Hey calm down." Chloe warned. "Your brother is still asleep." Chloe reminded her daughter of the baby that was still sleeping upstairs. Nearly a year ago Chloe had given birth to their youngest child, a baby boy named Liam Elijah Mitchell. "Mason don't tease your sister like that please." Chloe sighed.

Mason gave his sister what she wanted with a grin as he continued eating his own breakfast.

"Why isn't mom here yet?" Mason questioned.

"I don't know." Chloe shrugged. "I'll go see what she's up to."

The redhead made her way upstairs to hear her wife's voice coming from the nursery. She opened the door and tried not to smile when she saw the brunette with their youngest son.

"What's up?" Chloe spoke up after watching the two interact for a bit.

"Oh hey." Beca smiled. "He's just too cute Chlo."

"I know." Chloe laughed and walked over to the two of them. "You should get ready though babe. I don't want you to be late."

"Who cares if I'm late?" Beca chuckled. She had never stopped working hard the past few years and had won more awards. Whether she would be late, literally nobody would care but she tried to be on time because work was important to her.

"Right." Beca nodded and pecked Chloe's cheek before making her way to their bedroom so she could get ready.

On days when Chloe would work she would bring Liam to daycare and drop Maddison off at school as Mason either went with Beca or made his way to school with his friends. They had needed some time after Liam came into their family to build a new rhythm and find a good routine that worked for everyone but things were good.

"Hey mom can I hang out with some friends tonight?" Mason asked as he got into his mother's car.

"With who?" Beca asked.

"You don't know them. Just some boys and girls from school." Mason shrugged.

"You know Chloe doesn't like you going out with people we don't know." Beca sighed. "But. I think you're good to go. I need you back by nine thirty though."