29

REAL LIFE: BETTY AND VERONICA

"I.. I don't understand, Betty. What are you doing here?" Veronica looked questioningly at her supposedly best friend, making Betty nervous, curling up in a ball.

"She just came over to hang out, you know. We've been friends for a long while," Archie piped up, hoping to save the day by breaking up this awfully awkward conversation.

"Hang out? Oh, so she just hapens to be lying on your bed?" Veronica scoffed.

Betty stood up and stuffed her hands in the pockets of her jeans. "Yes, V. Hang out. That's what friends do! Besides, we were both drawing." she said as Veronica eyed her suspiciously. "Comics. Look -" the blonde girl held up the pieces of paper convincingly as evidence.

"I don't believe it." Veronica crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame, shooting an icy glare at the two. "You can't fool me, Betty. Who do you think I am? Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm completely clueless! Do I have the word stupid written on my head?"

Betty sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "Veronica, I understand that things aren't exactly easy at home right now for yo-"

"Something's wrong? Something's wrong? V you didn't tell me that! Are you ok? V?" Archie piped up, eyebrows furrowing with worry.

"I understand that things aren't exactly easy at home right now for you," Betty raised her eyebrows at Archie for interrupting her, "but it doesn't mean you have to lash it out on us! And just so you know, we're always here if you need to talk or a shoulder to cry on," Betty smiled at Veronica, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you for understanding, B. It's just - I don't want to loose anyone else, and -" the dark haired girl began, struggling to keep the tears from spilling out.

Archie pulled the poor girl into a hug, placing his head on top of hers. "You're not loosing anyone. You've got us!"

Veronica managed to stuff out a laugh. "Thanks, Archiekins,"

"Besides," Betty grins, "Just in case you still don't believe us, here's your proof!" she said, handing Veronica the comic that Archie drew.

The girl smiled so hard it seemed like the corner of her lips were about to meet her dark, deep brown eyes. Holding out in front of her was a picture of Archie and Veronica, holding hands, walking into the sunset.

"I love you Archie," Veronica spluttered.

Archie beamed. "I love you too, V,"

A pause, as the two look deep into each other's eyes.

"Ok, ok! Enough!" the blonde puts her arm up in surrender. "Once again, I've been a victim of third wheel. If you don't mind, please go get a room." Betty raised her eyebrows, looking extremely serious for a second before all three burst out laughing.

"Ok, well, I've got to go. Betty, I was about to stop by at yours after Archie's to deliver these Magnolia Cupcakes, so I guess I'll just give them now. Enjoy, besties, and see you tomorrow at school!" Veronica said cheerily.

"What? Betty gets her own box and I have to share with my dad??" Archie whines, but Veronica was long gone, as the two looked out of his window to see her skip away.

"I'm glad she's happy," Betty smiles. "And Arch? You've eaten way too much already! Give my box back!" Betty snatches her property back. Archie humphed, seeing as his plan to steal his best friend's cupcake did not work.

A/N: Yay, problem solved! Haha. Everyone's happy now! I'm not too proud of this chapter, my writing's gone a bit sloppy because I haven't done it in so long! Anywho, hope you enjoyed it and please leave a comment review of how this chapter was! xo