Chapter 1. The Paradox

Sarah' POV

"Please Sarah, let's go. You should live a little. Becca has invited us to her birthday party. She will ask me if you didn't come."

Allison and I are best friends since kindergarten. Our mothers were best friends too. After my mother's death which happened four years ago due to a car accident, her mother has treated me like her own.

My father couldn't bear the pain of losing the love of her life and he drowned himself in alcohol. He doesn't talk to me much now. He blames me for her accident. Fuck, I blame myself too.

That night, my mother and I were driving back from my grandparent's place. It was Christmas. The road was pretty slippery too. She was driving the car. We were singing her favourite song when I thought I saw a reindeer on the opposite side of the road. She averted her gaze from the road to see but we bumped into a small truck. And everything went black. I woke after two weeks but she didn't.

Ever since that horrible night, my father hasn't smiled to me. Whenever I lock my eyes with him, the only emotion I see is pain.

I look at Allison and shook my head.

"You know me, Allison. I don't like to go in this kind of parties where everyone is drunk and making out with strangers. And you just told me that Becca is throwing the party at a club. What was its name again? Ehh The Paradox right. I have heard that it's an expensive place. Clubs have never been my kind of place. They are so crowded. Sorry, Allison but you have to go alone this time."

Allison looks at her feet and the smile on her face has been replaced by a frown.

"Sarah please, this is the last time. I promise. I don't know anyone else there. If you won't come with me, I will feel lonely in a crowded place. And we will be back before twelve so your father wouldn't know anything. "

I sigh and give up. She is not going to let this go so easily. I have to go with her. She is my only friend, so I can't make her sad.

"Okay, I will go but we have to be back before twelve. My dad doesn't like late night parties and stuff."

"Yeah great. Let's get you ready Sar."

"Umm wait.... Let me change into something presentable then. "

I walk into my small closet and pull out a cute beige sweatshirt and a blue washed denims.

I change quickly and brush my red hair. I wore my square-rimmed  glasses and walk out of the closet.

I see Allison wearing a white skater dress which reaches her mid thighs. The colour suits her tanned legs and caramel eyes. She turns around and rolls her eyes at me.

"What is this Sarah? Are you going to wear that in the club? I won't even wear that dress even in my dreams or I should say nightmare. You have such a nice body Sarah so show it off."

"I am okay with this dress Allison. Besides I don't have anything else to wear."

She gives me skeptical look which I hate. She scowls at me and starts rummaging through my closet. She pulls out a red bodycon dress. My grandma had gifted me this dress as a birthday present. I never wore it though. I don't have the confidence to wear that kind of dress.

She throws the dress at my face and spanks my butt.

"Now go wear this dress and after that, I will do your makeup. How dare you hide such a beautiful dress in a closet and walking out wearing such a hideous thing!!! Is that what I have taught you all these years?"

I roll my eyes at her and change into that red dress. Surprisingly the dress fits me in every right part. It makes my ass to look bigger than it actually is. My curves are showing beautifully. My dress hugs my breasts firmly which makes me look older than my seventeen-year-old self. I smile on seeing my reflection in the mirror.

Allison gapes at me for few seconds then smiles from ear to ear.

"Wowww Sarah......you look just wow. I bet all the men in the club will get a boner only by looking at you. You look so hot."

I blush crimson at her compliment and start fidgeting. She understands my awkwardness and starts giggling.

She applies some concealer to cover the freckles on my nose and cheeks. And after applying eyeliner and mascara and some lip balm on my lips. She claps her hands like a child.

"Voila...... I am so talented dude. I should think of becoming a makeup artist. What do you say, Sar ?"

I grin at her silliness and start wearing my converse. But I stop wearing them on seeing the look on Allison's face.

"Seriously Sarah...... You are going to wear a converse with that dress. Were you living in a cave or something? I will burn those shoes if you touch them again. Do you hear me? Now take these."

She hands me black stilettos to pair up with my dress. I wear them quickly and look at my reflection of my dressing mirror. I looked different...... Very different. She pulls out my glasses and throws them on my bed.

"Allison, what are you doing? You know that I won't be able to see things properly without them."

"My little Sarah, I am with you so you don't need to worry about it okay. Now let's go."

I shook my head and walk out of my house.

After half an hour the cab stops in front of an expensive looking club which has a huge queue outside it. I couldn't help but feel something unsettling in the pit of my stomach.

A glowing sign reads The Paradox and we walk out of the cab. Allison pulls out a fake id card and I look at her like she has grown horns in a second. She smirks at the bouncer who is two times of her height and ten times of our weights. The bouncer nods his giant head and we enter the crowded club.

************************************

Hii everyone, Its been a while since I wrote anything. I started writing this story few months ago but wasn't confident enough to publish it.

If you liked it....

Then....

Don't forget the three magical words....

❤️Vote❤️Comment❤️Share❤️