Chapter 3

Marrying?

The Oberois smiled as they saw Shivaay and Anika sprawled at the doorstep in an unfashionable manner. Shivaay managed to get off Anika, rubbing his elbow.

"Clumsy woman." He muttered, loud enough for everyone else to hear.

As Shivaay and Anika got up, Rudra grinned. "Bhaiya, how could we make sure it is Anika Didi if she hadn't had one trip and catch or fall with you."

At that, the whole family laughed while Shivaay glared at Rudra, masking his smile. Anika rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Now that it is safe," Rudra exclaimed as he ran to Anika and took her in a tight bear hug, "Welcome Anika Didi."

Anika smiled as she hugged him back with equal enthusiasm.

When they pulled out of the hug, Anika frowned, "What happened to 'Baby'?"

To that, Rudra whispered, "Can't really call you Baby now, can I?" He winked at Anika as Om shoved him, glaring at him a bit before taking Anika into a hug.

"Thank God, we are finally bestowed with your presence!"

"I am so sorry Om, had been really busy."

"O, she only came because she had to. Nahi toh inka bas chalta toh pata nahi kab dekhne milta." Rudra crossed his hands across his chest looking away.

"Oh God, Nautanki!" Anika exclaimed as she took him in another hug.

Rudra said something in her ears that made Anika pull away and look away. Rudra grinned. Before they could continue, Pinky's 'Oh My Maata' made them turn towards the elders.

"Kya tum log hi meets karte rahoge? Mujhe bhi Anika se milne hai."

"And Rudra, at least let her come inside." Janhavi added.

Anika moved ahead, took blessings from all the elders and hugged them.

"Puttar, I am so happy that you came." Dadi smiled as she ran a hand through Anika's hair.

"Dadi, I think we shouldn't let her go at all, haina?" Rudra smirked.

Om hit him on his head, rolling his eyes at this Dumbbell while Anika only smiled.

Shivaay's phone rang, cutting through their chatter. He moved to his room for a conference call while everyone else sat down to talk to Anika.

Every Oberoi loved her. Every single one of them. Anika had a plethora of traits, each of which made one Oberoi or the other love her more. Whereas Shivaay loved her for everything and yet nothing at all. The feeling was just there. No questions asked, no reasons given. He knew and he didn't accept it, lest he should become too expressive. The only once he accepted it to somebody hadn't really resulted in something...

-

Around two hours later, Shivaay sighed as he finally shut the Macbook, taking a deep breath. Loosening his shirt, he relaxed on the couch only to be jumped upon by his little brother. Om came and sat on his other side as Rudra settled himself down.

"O, you know, I have been hugging Anika Di since she arrived. I missed her so much."

"Oh really, Rudra?" Om asked, hiding his smirk. He already knew where Rudra was taking this.

Shivaay rolled his eyes as he saw in it, only an attempt to imply Shivaay missing Anika. Not that it wasn't true but hugs didn't really make sense unless, "What are you talking about, Rudra?" Shivaay suddenly sat straight, looking at his brother with narrowed eyes.