Closer

"What?!" Soojung and Miyoung almost yelled in disbelief, both startled by Jongin's sudden announcement.

"She's my girlfriend. I have already moved on so don't expect anything from me." Jongin said as he interlocked his and Miyoung's fingers and almost shoving it to Soojung's face.

Although Miyoung was surprised by his actions, she took it as an opportunity to let go of Jongin's hand and wrap her arms around his waist. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she beamed a smile at the other woman.

Soojung was annoyed by her smug face so she immediately left them alone and went out of the café.

"Miyoung, Miyoung..." Jongin tapped her arm. "It's okay, she's gone now. You can sit down again."

He then went back to order some food and when he got back, he noticed that Miyoung has been looking at him lovingly.

"Jongin-ah... I'm so happy we're finally a couple." She smiled.

"About that... I'm sorry for using you. I know you like me so I'm sorry for taking advantage of that fact." He said.

"What?" Miyoung's eyes widened.

"It's just a fake relationship. I lied so Soojung wouldn't bother me anymore."

"Oh okay... but..." Miyoung's eyes sparkled as though she just hit the jackpot.

"I can't even guess what's in your mind right now." Jongin surrendered.

"You said that we are a couple so Soojung wouldn't bother you, right?"

He nodded.

"Then, when she's around, we could be a couple?" She asked excitedly.

"You sound as if you're sure that we'd always see her. And that we'd always be together in the same place." He raised his eyebrow.

"Still... we could be a couple, right?" She wrapped her hands around his arm and shook it making it hard for him to focus on eating his own food.

"Okay, okay... yes. That's basically it." he said as he removed her hands away.

Miyoung suddenly moved to the seat beside him.

"What are you doing?!"

She pointed out his ex-girlfriend who was still outside the café and smiled.

~

"Yoora... what took you so long?! I was so humiliated back in there." Soojung said as she met with her friend from outside.

"How so?"

"Jongin and his new girlfriend are inside."

"Really? Let me see!"

Soojung tried to stop her friend but she was already peeking through the glass window.

It took her a few seconds before she decided to walk to Soojung again.

"She's pretty... but you're prettier. She looks familiar though..." She said to comfort her friend. "So if we're not going inside, where do you plan to go?"

"I dunno. You suggest. It's been a long while since I've been here. Just take me anywhere but here."

"Okay."

~

Miyoung went out during her break and took the packed lunch that she prepared. She was excited to visit Jongin that she almost skipped on the way.

"You have a visitor." Kyungsoo teased his best friend.

Jongin grunted. He looks back and regrets introducing the idea of fake couple in Miyoung's head.