[48] young derek hale x tyler

Request by: @TylerWhittakerClarke

This is longer than usual!!!

Tyler felt as if she was just a shadow. Loving someone who was in love with someone else was utterly heartbreaking.

Tyler had a crush on Derek Hale, but he was dating Paige and never noticed the other girl, not until one day in science class.

"Today we will be working in partnerships, but don't get your hopes up! I will be choosing your partners." The young male science teacher began listing two names at a time, Tyler hoping that she would be paired with Derek.

Lucky enough for her, her wish came true.

The handsome Derek Hale began making his way to the girl and sat down in the unoccupied seat next her.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," Tyler replied awkwardly.

The first couple of minutes definitely continued to be awkward, and neither could stand the odd tension.

Suddenly, Derek began clutching his head in pain.

"Derek, oh my god, are you alright?" Tyler asked, her voice laced with concern.

"I need- I need- out of classroom- now," he managed to cough out.

Tyler made an understanding eye contact with the teacher, who motioned that she could take him to the nurses office.

Derek latched on to Tyler's arms for support and together they exited the classroom. Derek motioned her to take him to the boys locker room.

When they arrived, it was empty. Derek sat down against one of the lockers and slowed his breathing.

"Th-thank you," he said and swallowed.

"No problem, but are you going to tell me what happened? It was pretty terrifying," Tyler replied, making eye contact with the handsome boy.

"Believe me, if you knew, you would be ten times more terrified," he replied, not wanting to scare her.

"I think I can handle it."

THREE MONTHS LATER

Paige was dead, Tyler knew that Derek was a werewolf, and Derek was depressed.

Derek was lying on his bed when he heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," he said and the door opened to reveal Tyler, his best 'friend'.

That day in the locker rooms, Derek had told Tyler about him being a werewolf, for some reason trusting her.

Over the past three months, the two had become very close and Tyler was still head over heels for the boy.

"You need to get out of bed," she coaxed, taking in his depressed state. "It's killing everyone."

Derek looked at her for a moment but then nodded. "Yeah you're right. Thank you for everything."

"This is the twentieth time you've thanked me in the past two days

"This is the twentieth time you've thanked me in the past two days. I'm serious, I'm always here for you," Tyler replied.

Derek smiled up at her and pulled her into a hug.

That was when Derek fell in love with his best friend.