Chapter 6 - Part 2

A/N: Song "Love The Way You Lie" by Skylar Grey.

He stood up and paced in the cell. In a different setting, he would probably have run away. For once, I was glad he had nowhere to hide. Like it or not, he had to face me. Finally, he stopped but kept his eyes fixed on the ground. "I imprisoned the boy and tortured him with silver and wolfsbane... And, to Anna... I--"

The rusty door creaked open. "Hello! Today's a nice day! Isn't it?" Alpha Tobias Maddox walked in, all dandy and smiley followed by Rob and Jerry. He stopped in front of my cell. "You should've told me you're Felicity Nash since the beginning. I apologize for locking you up. This might be a little annoying, but could you do us a big favor?"

I tilted my head up to meet his eyes before quickly looking away. He had a wide grin that seemed serious but humorous at the same time. He was so tall and brawny. If this was the second strongest wolf in this pack, I wasn't aching to meet the first one.  I couldn't read him at all. He unlocked my cell and I took a step back.

"Stay away! I don't trust you."

"Who do you trust then?" He chuckled finding amusement in my fear. "That guy? The one who tortured a girl and attempted to rape her."

I almost lost my footing but managed to carry my own weight as I staggered back in shock. Even if it felt like I was about to collapse, I couldn't show them more weakness. I tried to meet Alexander's eyes but he wouldn't look up. He was frozen there.

Alpha Tobias Maddox opened my cell's door and walked in. "For one full week, he held her captive in his room, allowing her out only to show her off as his future Luna. He filled her with wolfsbane so she couldn't run away and physically abused her. Oh, so many times. He almost beat her to death. When they found them, he had restrained her with his own belt and was on top of her about to mark her, to claim her as his."

Alexander had done that... He--he was a monster. Fuck weaknesses, the tears that I had tried to blink away poured from my eyes and raced down my cheeks as my back hit the wall. I tried to look at Alexander again but he refused to look at me. His back was hunched with shame.

"We even got a video." Alpha Tobias pulled out a phone from his pocket and showed it to me. 

The video playing showed Alexander with a girl in his arms on his bed. That was the room I had spent so much time in. The acid bile burned my throat when the blurry image became clearer. He was pressing a silver knife on her body. His voice as he ordered her to say that she loved him was so cold, evil.

My heart broke and my wolf howled when he forced a kiss on her. How could he do that? When had he become like this?

"And do you what know the worse part is?" Alpha Tobias leaned down and met my eyes and I my whole body trembled in terror. Would he snap my neck for being Alexander's mate? "Her mate rejected her because of this."

He wasn't lying. I covered my mouth while I gasped in horror. The pain of rejection was still very much alive in my mind. To think that he made another she-wolf go through it. My childhood friend, my first love, my hero, my love... He didn't exist anymore. In turn, there was this fiend that I could barely recognize but that looked so much like him.

Why did he have to look like him, to sound like him? Who did he think he was to come back saying the same things he had once said? As if my body was being ripped in half, my bones cracked and shifted. My wolf was taking over, to clean up. The fur tickled its way out and my teeth descended. It was our responsibility.

"Stop!" Alpha Tobias commanded me.

I halted. "I have to kill him." My voice came out deeper like a growl, animalistic. He was my other half. I had to take care of him. Put him down.