1) Failed Mission

Blood began to seep through my clothes I can hardly breathe, little black dots blur my vision and i feel rather weak at my knees. I am shivering uncontrollably from the harsh, cold winds that make me slightly sway. Clutching my side I continue my journey blindly, not knowing which direction i was heading for but i do not care where I end up. Careless, I know but when you are running away from people you tend to have only one thing on your mind which is trying to make as much distance between yourself and the people you are running away from. I admit to being scared, i admit to all my crimes. There has only been one time when i did feel emotional pain and I felt so sickened by the traumatic event. One particular day i felt a tsunami of pain wash over me when I had to watch my mother and father die. They were an example. Accused of Treason. They were just smarter than the system. The other lords and ladies did not approve of their knowledge and their power. My lord father and my lady mother were good people. Reasonable and kind. It was not fair. They did not even commit treason. The other lords and ladies called it justice. I  watched them be hung drawn and quartered and every time I heard one of my parents scream I felt my heart tear. That was until i could feel nothing left. Nothing left except for pure hatred, anger and the desire to kill the people who took my parents away. Ever since then I have been alone.

Alone, cold and truly afraid of what's to come,

My hands were shaking as i place one of my clenched, pale hands over my wounded side. When i draw my hand back a whole lot of slick blood coated it. My breathing then became ragged. I knew if i did not treat this gash, that an infection could set in and i could die from infection, or there is the possibility of bleeding to death. Neither of these options being quite a glamorous death. My footing becomes unstable and I collapse in a heap among the pure white snow that paints the forest floor. I feel numb. The blood flows out of me freely as i just lay there waiting for death to welcome me with open arms.That thought is interrupted because i hear a loud holler and a series of barks. I reach out to grab my bow and quiver of arrows using all of my strength to grasp them so I am still able to fight. My head slightly turns in the general direction where the noise was coming from. My eyes were squinting trying to make out the shape of a person who seems to be making their way towards me. I quickly untied my mask and shove it into my bag which is nearby. I have to hide my identity at all costs. When the person gets close to me i then realize that it was a man, who was wearing a black leather jerkin, breaches, and black leather boots. His bright green eyes then widen as he hears the barking grow closer and closer...The yelling of commands from afar made me tremble.

"R-run!" I rasp.

"Wait, are you a run away too?" he asks looking down at me with concern turning his head around every so often to make sure he has a general idea on how far away the dogs and masters are. 

"Yeah i suppose I am. Now run!" i whisper yell,

 There is apart of me that is hoping for the mysterious looking man standing before me to help me. But i would be dead weight and no way in hell would i ever want to be a burden to someone. The green eyed man then grabs hold of my arm and slung my bow and quiver over his shoulder.

"Put your arms around my neck," I oblige, but very hesitantly.

"Look do you trust those you know, and also have in mind what they would probably do to a young vulnerable girl such as yourself, or do you trust the one person you literally had just met, bearing in mind, that i will not harm you? Your choice" The green eyed boy says.  I want to argue with him but if i were to start a debate we will be killed at a faster rate. After we make a good distance between us and the enemy i feel a wave of relief and gratitude.

"Thank you...I really mean it" I speak softly, The green eyed boy was panting, he then looks down upon me and manages to form a lopsided grin.

"Anything for you M'lady," he says jokingly. I scrunch my nose up at the title. How can he still be somewhat cheerful after almost getting killed?

"Us Runaways need to stick together you know,"were his last words before my vision  goes hazy, and i have the sudden urge to just fall asleep.I then give in and pass out due to blood loss and exhaustion.