Chapter 19: King Xiang Has A Wife

Chapter Nineteen: King Xiang Has A Wife

Even though they were slightly far from the place that was surrounded by people from the Judicial Office, Hua Xi Wan could still hear the sobbing of Zhang Furen in the wind. Maybe it was that the loud sobs were so mournful that she couldn't help but rub her arms. She said in a low voice, "Mu Tong, represent Xian Junwang Fu and go urge Zhang Furen. Tell her to not harm her body."

"Yes." Mu Tong knew very well that even if he went at this time to give comfort, it would be nothing in the face of grief at losing a child. Junwang Fei was a smart person and could not be ignorant of this. But since Junwang Fei had told him to do so, then she naturally had her own intentions.

"Xian Junwang Fei is very kind." Sheng Junwang Fei put down the curtain and said ambiguously. "She had the servant go to pour tea and hold the medicine."

"En." Yan Bo Yi flipped through the book in his hand and spoke without raising his head. "The Hua Family's Second Branch Furen comes from the famed family Zhang."

"So that is how it is." Hou shi smiled. Seeing Yan Bo Yi's attention was on the book, she did not speak again. She only raised the curtain and looked outside. She saw the servants from Xian Junwang Fu comforting Zhang Furen, each of them having expressions of worry and sorrow on their faces as though Master Zhang had been a member of their family.

Seeing this, Hou shi tilted her face down. The smile in her eyes faded slightly. There were not many from Xian Junwang Fu who were simple.

After a long while, the road that had been blocked finally allowed access. Sheng Junwang Fu and Xian Junwang Fu's carriages tried to give up the right of way for a while before Sheng Junwang Fu travelled ahead. After them were Ning Wang Shizi and Shizi Fei, and behind was Min Huai Junzhu.

Min Huai Junzhu usually followed Princess Rui He. It was extremely normal for her to come participate at this time.

>翁主 wengzhu: title given to a daughter of a princess
When Hua Xi Wan learned that Min Huai Junzhu's carriage was behind them, she recalled what Princess Rui He had said on the wedding night. She said, "Min Huai Junzhu is the daughter of Princess Shun Yi. How did she receive the title of junzhu?" According to normal tradition, Min Huai Junzhu was the daughter of a princess and her title should be a wengzhu.[1]

"The empress likes Min Huai Junzhu very much, and last year, broke with tradition to decree her a junzhu and gave her the words Min Huai as the title. She said that she was going to raise Min Huai as her own daughter." Yan Jin Qiu showed a complex smile. "This kind of high favor is not something the daughters of other princesses can have."

The ranks of wengzhu and junzhu were the same, and their true status depended on whether or not their family held power. Otherwise, what was the use in an empty title? If the Empress really wanted to raise her as a daughter, she should have given the title of princess. There was no need to make her an awkward junzhu, as though the Empress was wary of her.

She looked at the sardonic smile on Yan Jin Qiu's face and did not keep asking.

The carriage was silent for a while before Yan Jin Qiu suddenly asked, "You are not concerned about Zhang's murder case?"

"The Judicial Office will investigate this matter. What is the use in meddling in this?" Hua Xi Wan looked at Yan Jin Qiu with a burning gaze. Her lips curled as she smiled faintly. "There will be a result sooner or later. Am I not right?"

"Of course. The Judicial Office has always been serious and methodical in carrying out its cases." Yan Jin Qiu smiled and raised the curtain to look outside. "We're almost there."