Chapter 1- And then It happened

Everyone needs a change. That change can be in the form of  changing houses, or creating a new friend circle.

My change was huge. I moved to a different country, half way across the world at that.

I never once imagined that South Korea would be the place I now reside in but, that was before I had a huge need for this change.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" My boyfriend James asked. We have been dating for about five months now and things were great. Honestly if I wasn't moving to Korea we would have gotten married.

"Not really but no going back now right?" I replied smiling.

He frowned "Ah, you're that excited to get rid of me for a year?" He sulked.

I hugged him. "Don't be like that, besides your the one who asked the question."

"It's just not the response I wanted to hear."

I did feel really guilty. Only dating him for five months then suddenly wanting to move half way across the world for a full year. It wasn't really fair to him. Nonetheless, he still strongly trusts me and my decisions to take this T.V job in South Korea.

————————————————————————
The next day came and we were at the airport. I double checked the important things needed to travel like passports, currency, and my handy Learning Korean for beginners book. I went to the machine and printed out my ticket and checked in. Then I turned to James.

"I'll be back before you know it." I said hugging him.

"Yeah, I know. Just promise me you will return safety?"

"I promise."

"And don't forget about me."

I looked up at him. He turned his head so that we avoided eye contact.

Was he crying?

"I have to go now." I said loosing my grip of our hug and grabbing my backpack.

I quickly walked away. I think he noticed that too. I knew James like the back of my hand. He would never want me to see him crying. Actually the fact that he is crying was shocking to me. James was never one to show his emotions. Not physically. Not emotionally. Not at all.

————————————————————————
I don't remember much of the flight. I was asleep for half of it. I hardly got any sleep the night prior so I thought I would just sleep on the plane. That was a bad idea because I could not wake up on my own.

"Miss,Miss. please wake up we have arrived" A women said as she shook me to wake me up.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the flight attendant waking me up. "Sorry" I said.

"No worries it was a very long flight."

I got up and got my bag from the over head compartment then exited the plane. In the airport I spent a few minutes talking to James and my family letting them know I was ok. Then it was time to get to baggage claim. My luggage most definitely stood out. It was neon green and had donuts with sprinkles on it. As I tried to grab it another hand reached to grab it at the same time.

"Excuse me I think that's mine." I said in Korean

"No, look at the name tag." I looked and the name tag read Lee Yong Shin (Punchnello's real name for those who don't know)

"Oh, your right this is yours. I'm sorry" I said looking up to the man that stood before me. He wasn't super tall however, he was taller than I was and had blonde hair which he hid with a hat.

"Is yours similar to this one?"

"Identical."

"Then I think that's yours coming in now" he said pointing at my bag

"Your right." I said as he grabbed my bag and handed it to me off the conveyor belt.

"Your really good at Korean!" He said smiling

"Thanks." I said

"Yong shin-ah! Hurry up and grab your things we got to go!" A man shouted.
"Well it was nice to meet you miss-?" He said turning to me.

"Heaven Jones" I said

"Heaven Jones-Ssi" He said before walking away.

"You too Lee Yong Shin-ssi" I mumbled realizing it was useless at this point because he had already left.
After spending another 15 minutes in the airport dealing with taxi services I finally made it on the road. Getting to my apartment took another 45 minutes. I spent a few years traveling back and forth to Korea so I knew the place fairly well. After getting settled in for a bit in my apartment. I called the person responsible for my job, Kim Seonmin.

The following conversation is in Korean.

"Hello?"
"Seonmin-ssi, it's Heaven. I just arrived in Korean and got settled in at my apartment."
"Welcome back! You were missed. Are you going to rest for the remainder of the evening?"
"I'm actually not that jet lagged as I thought I would be and I would like to start training for my job." I said. Actually that was a lie. I just really wanted to know just exactly I would be doing here. I know it has something to do with a TV program but I'm still quite in the dark. All I know is that the pay is good and so will the experience be.
"Ok great, why don't your text me you address and I'll pick you up in a few." She said
"Sure, see you in a few." I said hanging up

————————————————————————
"Nice to see you again Heaven!" Seonmin said as I sat in her car.
"You too"
We drove for a while and spent most of the time talking and catching up with each other's lives. We finally arrived to Mnent's Studio and went upstairs for a meeting.

"The meeting may have already started so we have to enter quietly." Seonmin said to me as she opened to door.

"Today is the first meeting for the new show Breakers!!" A man said.

I scanned the room looking for a place to sit and then it happened. Our eyes met. Not once in my life I thought I would be meeting Jeong Dong-Wook again.