Chapter One

The day couldn't have been any gloomier. The sky was dark and the clouds hid the sun from reappearing for the day. A young man named Arthur was hurriedly running down the crowded street, letting out grunts of irritation as he was repeatedly bumped on the shoulders. Why did this town have to be so crowded at this time of the year? You would expect that a majority of people would stay inside their homes and snuggle up and keep warm on a day like this, but of course when it was an important day for Arthur Kirkland everyone had to ruin it. He was to meet with a girl, a very special girl he had known ever since their first year of school. Under his breath he mumbled swears and how much he despised this town's tourist popularity, considering to possibly move eventually. Though, he'd always have to return if he were to pick up someone from the train. Arthur tilt his head to the side and back slightly, his neck emitting a small crack as he finally barged up the steps into the station. Of course, hordes of people made their way through the station and some stayed in small crowds discussing important topics and going ons in the world. Talks of Quidditch, different spells.. Bloody hell. He inhaled a sharp breath and looked around the station. Where was she, that damn (Name). He fiddled with his wand in his hands, rolling it between his fingers. It was a quarter past four and she had said she would most definitely find him by now. Though, he knew how she could be. She was never exactly correct with her predictions. Then, out of nowhere, Arthur felt a pair of hands tightly clamp on his shoulders from behind. This caused Arthur to jump and curse aloud, quickly whipping around to see the (colour) hair girl staring up to him with her (colour) eyes behind her glasses. He laughed nervously and cleared his throat, letting his shoulders and body relax at the sight. "Certainly long time no see, hasn't it been, (Name)?" The blond male asked, shifting his weight onto his other foot as he crossed his arms. As glad as he was to see her, he was still shaken from the sudden appearance.

"Well enough, I've been getting your letters. Oh, and thank you very much for that last package you sent me! I've already eaten all the chocolate frogs, but I have some of the other sweets left over." The girl gave him a polite nod. "You wouldn't mind bringing my luggage along, would you? I'm extremely tired.." Stifling a yawn was impossible for (Name) at this point, showing Arthur her exhaustion from the long journey. It was a long train ride from far up North down towards London. Arthur seemed to lightly scoff, glancing down to the bags.

"You could easily bring them along with a flick of your wand, no?" He asked, one of his brows raising slightly in question. It was true; with one simple flick of the girl's wand and two words from her mouth the bags would float and follow them along. But, (Name) shook her head and pouted lightly.

"Not very Gentlemanly of you, Arthur, my God," the girl complained, nudging him slightly in the side with her elbow. That struck a nerve in Arthur, causing him to raise his arm up. He drew in a small breath and let out a sigh, finally making a small gesture with his wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa.." He said clearly, watching the three bags raise up into the air. "Let's hurry along, now, we have things to do as soon as we drop off these bags at my house. Come on, (Name), hurry up," Arthur coached, starting to walk along. (Name), in a panic, grabbing Arthur's wrist so she wouldn't lose him in the crowds. Arthur wasn't in the mood to use manners, so the best thing to do was to shove right past the other wizards and witches to get to where they needed to go. "I don't understand why you live in the muggle world, knowing how dangerous it is. Yes, I get that it's dangerous here too but... God, (Name). How hard is it without being able to use magic in public?"

"... Difficult." She answered, clearing her throat. "I mean, we can use it, but it's fairly risky in case of a spell failing and you drop something. Noise complaints from neighbours then the... ah... plo.. Ple.. please-men? Whatever, those of authority come along and I get in trouble. Have to pay them in muggle money, I do. Pain in the arse, can barely tell the difference between the papers. Just numbers, but they're forgettable. Then there's those rubbish coins. All of them look the same besides little pictures of people on them. They don't even move a majority of the time!"

"A majority of the time?" He questioned again.

"Yes, there are pictures on the television.. It's.. a box with colourful pictures with Muggle entertainment. Certainly laughable, but some of it can be absolutely heart-wrenching. There's this one... some girl.. Her husband leaves her for another and her family gets involved. Man files a restraining order right after a divorce." (Name) shrugs. "Though it wasn't as heart-wrenching as you'd expect. Was using that term lightly, mind you. There were certainly sadder programs shown before. There's only these ones of Muggle history. Have you ever read about it? Back in the way back days they'd have pointless wars, one was even over a swine. Then they believed in all-mighty Gods in Greece. Now, they're not the brightest people nor the... best... but at least they used some brains to be creative."

"You sure do love ranting about Muggle things, don't you?" Arthur let off a snicker and shook his head, continuing to hurry with the girl. "I must visit sometime. Would be interesting to see how things have changed in those types of communities. What else has changed?"

"Hm... games. Games and calling devices have." She nods. "There are these little boxes, with screens, or you'd connect them to the television-- the box with pictures-- and you'll use this little controller device to move the pictures and people around... hard to explain unless I have one in front of me. I do play them in my spare time, though I haven't got the hang of it. I'd rather play with a frog. It strains your eyes for looking to long. Don't get me started on the calling devices, which I haven't explained yet." (Name) went on and on continuously, explaining and letting her opinions butt in her and there to spice up the conversation. Arthur would usually return with a question to which he'd answer, until they finally reached his house. Down a quiet road, only two other neighbours on the street. Arthur opened the door and set the bags down against the wall, stretching and looking around. A small sound of a meow came from another room, the very faint sound of paws hitting would approached. Then from around the corner Arthur's small cat emerged. Both ears were folded forwards and he had a little tail that wiggled in happiness. Arthur heard (Name) let out a soft coo and lifted the feline up into her arms. She left a few small kissed on his head, listening to the cat's purrs.

Arthur walked passed her into the kitchen, noticing how clean the counters were and the wooden floors were cleaner than earlier. His elf must have come through and cleaned up for him. Well, of course, that's what they were for. Cleaning and doing any chores he asked of them. He sighed and leaned against the counter, wiping a small bead of sweat off his forehead. They'd leave in a few moments, to go shopping for stuff Arthur needed. Ingredients, new robes... the errands wouldn't take long, he hoped. Arthur heard (Name) enter the room, arms empty. He assumed she had put him down or he had jumped out of her arms to wander off and catch a mouse, or some sort of prey outside. "We'll be living in a minute or so, (Name)," Arthur promised, "you don't mind me needing to run these errands, do you?"

"Of course not." The young lady gave him a soft smile. "I need to use the restroom real quick, so I'll be right down. Thank you again for letting me visit."

"Not at all a problem, just upstairs to the left, same place." He gave a thumbs up and returned a smile. As soon as she was up the stairs, he let out a sigh and rubbed his temples. "God, when and how shall I ask her.. How will I bloody ask her..." Arthur groaned.