o. bike rides

❝ w-what?how come! ❞

❝ w-what?
how come! ❞

     BOBBIE JACKSON lied in her bed. The covers were stripped off and only but a white sheet remained on the mattress. Sunlight flooded into her room making it seem like an oven. Sweat dripped down her body soaking into her picnic patterned tank top and denim shorts.
     Her windows were wide open, which was an attempt to let the non existent breeze come in. She could see the sun slowly setting as it was around 8:42 pm, she tossed and turned trying to go to sleep. She did not expect the first day of summer to be as hot as it was. But of course her assumptions were never reality. There was supposed to be a storm, that she didn't believe was going to happen, coming later.
     Her pale hand wiped her forehead. She groaned annoyed with the humidity, and sat up from her bed, then roamed over to her bottom drawer of her amber colored dresser. Opening it and collecting some change and a crumpled dollar bill that was hidden under folded clothes.
     Her throat was dry, and in general she was a bit dehydrated. "What better way to cool down than with a sweet cherry slurpee from 7-11" she had thought to herself.
     She made her way out of her room and into the kitchen where her mother sat scribbling onto blank pieces of paper, trying to concentrate on work her job had given her to do at home.

"Mom, I'm gonna go out"

      She nodded her head to show she was paying attention. Giving her daughter the ok sign to go.

"Bye, I love you" Bobbie stated,

"I love you too dear, don't stay out too late" Her mother said not taking her eyes off the work in front of her.

     Then the blue eyed girl left her home. She stood up her bike which had been thrown on her front lawn in the past day and climbed onto it, adjusting herself to be comfortable. Then she clicked on her rose pink helmet which had been attached to the handle of her bicycle.
     Bobbie considered herself lucky, her mother never questioned about where she was going and didn't hold restrictions against the girl when it came to going out. Her mother wasn't a bad one she just trusted her daughter seeing as though she was a very strong and smart girl, in fact if her parents ever lost bobbie they'd be depressed as any good parents would be.
     Her feet petaled as fast as they could. making left and rights directing herself to the gas station. She hummed a tune and stopped her bike when she arrived. She put the stand out and went into 7-11. the air conditioning blew onto her. giving a feel of relief.
     She went over to the machine that made the frozen drink she yearned for and got the largest cup draining out a red liquid into it, after it was filled she put on a clear lid and stuffed a straw into it. She sipped on the cold solution, knowing it would make her tongue a scarlet color.
     Bobbie strolled over to the cashier; a teenager who was chewing on bubblegum rather loudly, reading the latest copy of "seventeen". The girl's hair was blonde, crimped, and held up with a neon pink scrunchy.