이십구

J U N G K O O K

As I turned around, I immediately started hearing Tae's soft and quiet sobs. My heart clenched with the sound he's making and it took everything in me not to face him and just hug him oh so tightlyㅡ to comfort & make him feel that he's not alone & that I'm here for him.

I felt a movement and I knew for sure that he's definitely shaking. His sobs bacame louder and he started leaning towards my back, seeking comfort & warmth. The rain also stop pouring down, as if he wanted for Taehyung to stop crying as well but he did not.

He tightly gripped on my hoodie as he continued to cry his heart out mumbling uncoherent words. I really wanted to turn around and wrap my arms around himㅡ but I stopped myself as I wanted him to have as much as privacy as possible.

🎶
"You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged, oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small...ㅡ"

I started singing him a song softlyㅡ it's the only thing that I could do to comfort him without looking back. He abruptly stopped crying, as he lifted his head from being buried on my back, probably taken aback with my sudden bold move.
'I wanna see his reaction tho...' I smiled at the thought of his confused cute face.

After a minute or two, he leaned his head on my back with a little force and started crying again. But I don't mind. He needed someone to cry on, and I would gladly be that someone.

🎶
"Show me a smile then
Don't be unhappy
Can't remember when
I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be thereㅡ"

I continued singingㅡ his cries became more intense than before, his fist clenched my poor hoodie tighter,  and his mouth elicited a cute whiny sound louder when I emphasized the lyrics of the song.

And I couldn't take it anymoreㅡ I turned around with a struggle cause Taehyung was stopping me but my muscles were not there for nothing.

I've finally faced him and he just buried his face on my chest, not wanting me to see how much of a mess he was.
'A beautiful mess to be completely honest.'

🎶
"ㅡAnd I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors....ㅡ"

I sang sweetly as I cupped his cheeks and wiped his tears away.  He sniffled, trying his best to stop crying as he kept looking anywhere but me.

"ㅡAND THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU...."
I whispered softly, emphasizing each words, with a small yet sincere & full of hidden emotions-kinda smile. He then slowly averted his doe glassy eyes on me, which made me soft inside.

"W-whaaat d-did y-you just s-said?" He stuttered cutely, his cheeks blushing like there's no tomorrow.

"I said, I love you..." I said seriously, looking straight into his eyes as I caressed his cheek oh so gently. His breath hitched with the sudden intimate contact but afterwards melted as he leaned further into my touch, sighing in content.

🎶
"So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful... Like a rainbow"

I finished the song, smiling my bunny smile and he returned it back with his cute boxy smile.

We then looked at each other lovingly and I leaned in further to place a soft kiss on his forehead. He giggled cutely, wrapping his arms around my waist to give me a hug as he nuzzled his head on my chest. I pulled him closer, placing my hand on his back rubbing & caressing it gently.

"Thank you, Kookie...."

"You're welcome, my taeger"

And that's how it all started..