1: Killing The Quiet

"Do you believe in a God?" Six words found themselves floating through the previously silent air that swam around the two, killing the quiet, however, only temporarily . The question had seemingly come from no where, but obviously questions will always have an origin, a story to them, some kind of meaning, but maybe he would never understand what the thought process was behind it, after all, he didn't plan on asking, he wouldn't get an answer.

"I don't know," Harry said, breaking the silence that has resurfaced, snapping it in half and holding it in his hands to do whatever he wanted with it, urging himself to mend it as his head was somewhere else entirely and silence was what he thought he ached for at the present moment.

He didn't get his wish however, the conversation continued to flow, the broken silence lost from his hands, controlled by someone entirely new.

"You don't know?" The other boy asked, gears trying to turn in his head almost, possibly, most likely a paper jam though, as he couldn't figure out Harry's previous response.

"Not the way that most people do at least," Harry offered up as an answer.

The other boy straightened his back, sitting up taller on the uncomfortable mattress the two shared, tilting his head and lowering an eyebrow in thought, not that Harry could see as he was staring down at his feet that were grounded on the carpeted floor. Staring like he wanted the ground to swallow him, but he didn't really want that as he was, for once, somewhat content with himself.

"What do you mean?" The other boy, Louis, questioned, a hint of curiosity filling in the spaces between his words.

Harry didn't find himself annoyed that the conversation continued, he enjoyed talking to Louis, even if he had disrupted his thoughts, thoughts that were, he deemed unimportant for the moment.

But really, no thoughts of his were ever unimportant, they were always about the same thing- the same person really. They were always about the boy sat next to him, and underneath that nervous hand twitch Louis had when he was too close to Harry, the feeling was all entirely mutual.

Though that might soon turn to be obvious if Louis would confess that his hand twitched as he was so desperate to hold Harry's, but he doubted that would happen, for Harry was the moon and Louis was just another star in Harry's eyes.

Or something equally as cheesy sounding.

"I just don't think we are deserving of that kind of unconditional love, humans are just... monsters I guess, we deserve to end," Harry shrugged, though he was not entirely content with his answer, it held his own truth in it though, but his beliefs did not define him, they barely scratched the surface of Harry Styles, but Louis already knew most of the important things about the boy, he was just eager to learn more.

The silence resurrected itself, and the air was once again thick with the quiet, by no uncomfortable tension was felt, at least there was that.

Neither of the two were afraid to be themselves around each other, they always see each other in the correct light that they were born in. They saw their flaws and their perfections and all that was in-between, nothing hid between them.

To the outside world, they were one, but they knew that they were not the same, they were individuals, complete opposites in almost every way possible, but the two were so close, sharing their secrets with each other and only each other, not letting anyone else near their thoughts.

"I don't believe that," Louis tore through the silence again, "we're not all monsters, monsters are what hell was created for, what about the good ones? The ones deserving of heaven?"

"I don't want that," Harry lifted his feat from the floor, and sat with his legs crossed, still staring where his feet had once been, eyes unmoving, almost frozen in place.