Training

Garrett and I stayed out all night, sharing stories about what we were doing before we came to help Carlisle and what we had been up to since the last time we had seen each other. When we get back to the house a few members of the group are in the yard talking to Bella about her powers and learning to develop them. I remember she said that Kate was helping her learn to project and she'd asked me if I was willing to help too. When Garrett and I walk up to the small group, I notice it's only Bella, Emmett, Edward, and Kate. "You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you."

Bella strings to move her shield beyond her, as Kate instructed. Once she stops she looks over at me. "Do you have any tips?"

I shake my head. "Kate about covered it. You have to be able to picture it moving and where you want it to be."

"I think she needs something to motivate her." Edward cringes and steps forward, as Kate looks over to him. Bella shakes her head.

"No." Bella shakes her head.

"It's alright I can take it."

Garrett chuckles since he had been shocked by Kate when he first got to the Cullen house. "He says that now."

Emmett nods. "Focus Bella, or he's gonna be hurting."

"Edward, I'm not ready to do this." Bella comments before Kate grips Edward's hand, he lets out a slight yelp. "I'm sorry. I said I wasn't ready."

Emmett steps forward. "Dude, you're not motivating her."

"You wanna try?!" Edward stands and turns to his brother.

Emmett puts his hands up and steps back. Before Bella tries to project her shield again, as Kate touches the back of Edward's neck, sending another painful shock through him. Edward screams in pain. Bella sends Kate daggers with her eyes. "Kate!"

"You seem to lack incentive. Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?"

Bella lunges toward Kate. "You crazy?"

Kate puts her hand out again.  "Alright, this one's on full power."

Edward gives Bella a worried look, before sticking his arm out. Bella focuses again as Kate grips Edward's arm. But Edward doesn't scream, he just winces slightly. "It's painful, but it's bearable."

Bella smiles and nods. "Okay, we should go again."

Edward looks back to Emmett. "Emmett?"

Emmett shakes his head. "I'm good."

I chuckle. "Why don't we try something else, so someone doesn't have to get shocked by Kate."

Edward and Emmett nod. "I like that idea."

"I'd rather not get shocked if I don't have to."

I laugh and shrug. "It's still not gonna be fun but at least this way Bella can work on protecting her shield and project herself at the same time." The group looks at me a little confused. "I've seen shields who are able to blocks object from hitting them and others."

Kate nods and steps up to me. "Yeah, so if you make it hail or rain, Bella should be able to project her shield and deflect it"

I nod. "Exactly. What do you think Bella? Wanna give it a shot?"

She nods and takes a deep breath. "Sure, sounds like a good idea to me."

"Okay, you ready?" She nods again and takes a few steps back. Once she is a few feet away, I take a deep breath and a few moments later, it begins to rain, around Bella. Bella focuses on projecting her shield and soon the raindrops seem as if they are running down a wall around her. I nod as the rain stops. "Good."

Bella smiles and nods. We spend the rest of the afternoon training Bella. Once the training is done Garrett and I settle into the Cullen's living room. As I lean back onto the couch, Garrett picks up my legs and lays them on his lap. We smile at each other and I lay my head on the back of the couch. A few moments later Garrett breaks the awkward silence that seems to follow us everywhere. "I meant what I said last night after I kissed you. I've wanted it to that for the longest time."

I'm sure if I could blush, I'd be bright red... "I'm not gonna lie I've wanted you to for a really long time too."

He chuckles and nods, looking down at the coffee table, before looking back at me. "But where do we go from here?"

I shrug. "Well, that depends. Do you want it to go somewhere if anywhere?"

Garrett nods, rubbing my leg softly. "Do you?"

I take a deep breath. "Yeah, I do."

Garrett smiles and leans in, kissing me softly. I can feel his body move out from under my legs, as he crawls on top of me. I put my hands on the top of his shoulder and his cheek. I can feel him put one of his hands on the couch arm, near my head, and the other on my waist. As our kisses become more passionate, I move my hand, that had been on his cheek, to the back of his head, and wrap my other arm around his neck. Garrett slides the hand he had on my waist under my body, wrapping his arm around me. As I melt into Garrett's embrace and his kisses, I hear someone clear their throat. When Garrett and I look over, as he leans up away from me, we see Carlisle. "While I'm happy you two found each other, there must be a better place from this then my front room."

I can't help but think how embarrassing this is, Garrett clears his throat and nods. "Sorry, Carlisle." Carlisle shakes his head and smiles as he leaves the room. I look up at Garrett, who is now sitting on the couch beside me again, the two of us share an embarrassed smile. I hadn't noticed it at the moment, but when Carlisle startled us I had pulled my legs up into my chest, "Well, that was..."

I nod. "Yeah... it was."