Ascension

"Ascension"

The scream echoed throughout the lower levels of the stately mansion, from wall to wall, but was stifled before it ever reached the ears of the carousers above. The party was in full swing, strobe lights splashing and revellers shouting to the beat of the DJ's tunes. The thud of the bass shaking the room. The floor slick with bloodstains.
"Mop this up and make ready for the next of our chosen guests," the elderly man said as he shuffled up the stone steps.
No one ever disagreed with Sir Donald. They obeyed his every whim, especially on this night. The night the others come through and walked among them, tasting the pleasure of human flesh. This was a ritual they had performed on many a night before. Still the sight of them shook the guardians every time. This was no easy task. Necessary, but never easy. But the guardians always obeyed. Any hint of disloyalty would mean joining the ranks of the chosen, and there are some thoughts the human mind refuses to consider.

***

Sweaty dancers enjoying the erotic moves they created with their partners in the hope of ending the night enjoying each other's flesh in the rooms upstairs. The one night of the year they could let go and be free from their everyday lives.
Laura whirled around the main dance floor, looking for the one she would claim as her prize before the night's end. The white of her dress glowed under the black lights, revealing all her lithe curves beneath. Laura smirked when she caught the eyes of a man drinking in the curves of her body. Yes, she'd let him appreciate her. Why not? she thought. She worked hard and she would play hard tonight. This man, though, he had sexy curls she'd love to sink her fingers in, but he was a little short. No, he wouldn't do.
Gliding around the dance floor effortlessly and in her own world, she barely noticed another man watching her. Across the magnificent room in this estate, he stood, arms folded and leaning against the mahogany wall. No one else seemed to notice this figure who studied the revellers around him.
Tall, slim and raven-haired. Casually dressed for the event in a plain white T-shirt and jeans. His hooded eyes followed every move of Laura's dress as it flicked about her, her bare feet skimming the floor and her blonde hair sticking in the slick of her sweat.
Only then did she catch him watching her. She spun to a standstill and looked back at this attractive young man gazing her way, his deep blue fastened on hers. As Laura pulled herself from the others, she walked in the direction of her admirer. Weaving around through the crowd, she smiled, slipping closer.
Finally she was within a few feet of this stranger who quirked a smile.
"Something amuses you?" Laura asked.
"Just the way you move."
His deep voice thrilled her.
"Oh really, and how is that?"
Laura knew she was flirting now but she didn't really care. He was handsome without the usual swagger you'd expect from men at these parties. She liked that. She liked him.
"Come with me. I have something to show you."
"Can I have a name at least? It's only polite if I'm going to follow you."
"Xavier."
"Well, Xavier, lead away. I'm Laura, by the way."
"I know," Xavier said and turned towards a hallway.
Laura studied him from behind. He moved with a controlled strength but his physique was not overly muscular.
Good, she thought to herself, the last thing she wanted was a muscled man who was more interested in himself than her. This could be quite a fun night, and she followed him without another question.
"Do you know the history of this place?" Xavier asked over his shoulder.
"Never really thought about it, to be perfectly honest with you. History was never my forte. I'm more of a here-and-now sort of person. Why live in the past when all you have is the present?" Laura grinned as she hurried to catch up with Xavier, her fingers almost brushing his as she got close. "History is overrated. I'll leave it for the academics who are afraid to live in the present day."
"Perhaps you're right, but each building I visit has a soul, a presence reaching out to touch its new inhabitants and visitors. Every creak and groan of these old buildings echoes the past and its secrets."
Fascinated by this charming stranger, Laura allowed herself to be led. What did he know about this place that enthralled him so? She'd follow him and find out.
Xavier was explaining something about a 18th-century count who was heavily involved in the occult and sacrificed people here on the very grounds of this estate. Eventually the local magistrates found out and summarily executed him for devil worship. The estate fell into ruin until the early 19th century when it was restored and run by the current family. The Sanderson family was well known for their philanthropic endeavors but otherwise lived quiet lives.
Before long, they had wandered far from the party and into what must be the original wing of the stately mansion. An old oak door waited at the end of the corridor.
"So where have you brought me to?" Laura asked.
"This is what I wanted to show you."
"I do love a good surprise. I can not wait to see what you have for me!"
He grinned down at her, sending her heart racing. Her fingers twitched and she longed to take this handsome stranger by the hand and pull him through the doorway herself. Curiosity was not the only emotion she experienced as she considered the tall young man with his hand on the latch. Laura knew how this evening was going to end and she was ready.
"Are you going to open the door then? I want to see what's on the other side."
Xavier did as he was asked. The door swung open, revealing a room that was low lit but beautifully decorated with antique decor. A four-poster bed lay at the top of the room, and the immense fireplace glowed amber, flickering shadows like voyeurs waiting for the show to begin.
Xavier walked across the room, pulling off his T-shirt as he did so, revealing his upper nakedness, smooth and tanned. Laura closed the door and followed Xavier towards the bed, skin tingling at the thought of what was to follow.
"This room is rumoured to be where the count's victims met their death. In order to summon the devil, several acolytes would chant their incantations around the sacrificial altar in the centre of the room whilst the human sacrifice was laid out, defiled and killed."
"This has got to be the strangest seduction technique I've ever experienced," Laura said, meeting Xavier's intense blue eyes. "And how do you know of this place? It looks all set up for tonight." Laura was playing coy now as she loved the whole situation before her. Strangeness was nothing new to her in this lifetime. She would play along.
"I have a confession to make, Laura. I know a bit about you, and you," Xavier said, sitting at the foot of the exquisite bed of the room, "fascinate me."
The firelight shimmered off his chest as he held out a hand. Laura accepted the invitation.
With the low light and glow from the fireplace Xavier studied Laura's form. Perfection. Her body was exquisite underneath that dress. Reaching out a hand, Xavier felt the smoothness of Laura's thighs and pulled her close to kiss her lips as he explored her body. He could feel his own excitement rising. Laura's hands cupped his face as she kissed him back, harder this time and pressing herself against him, her own excitement obvious now and he loved it.
Laura's hand searched for his belt and made quick work of unfastening it and his jeans, releasing his straining part which she gladly took in her soft hands and stroked. A moan escaped Xavier as he became wrapped up in the ecstasy of what was happening. With his back now on the bed, he let himself be consumed by Laura and her skill.
"Are you enjoying it?' Laura asked.
"Uh huh." Those were the only words Xavier could manage as Laura teased him with her fingers.
"Not so fast—wait for me." She smiled.
Laura rose up and straddled him whilst lifting her dress. Slowly easing herself onto him and holding his throat with one hand, she slowly began to grind herself against his hardness, feeling him fill her. The rhythm slow but firm. She felt his hands on her hips urging her pace. Laura's long blonde hair swayed with her movements.

Ascension (World of Ascension Books #1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें