Victor Criss

Y/N P.O.V.

I started to walk to the exit doors to meet Richie when I heard a voice behind me.

"First you're protecting Trashmouth and now the slut?  Whoever next, that Ben kid?"  I turned to see Patrick slouching against the lockers near the toilets, I carried on walking only for Patrick to catch up with me.

"Unfortunately I haven't met that Ben kid yet."  I smiled, kill 'em with kindness, right?

"You're gonna get yourself hurt doll face."  He grinned down at me, like a cat playing with a mouse, knowing that it's about to eat the defenceless rodent.

"Well, I can't wait for that day to arrive, Hockstetter."  Putting my middle finger up to him, turning around and walking off. 

I walked to the gates and lit the cigarette, making eye contact with Henry Bowers, I waited for Richie, boy I thought I was late.

"As you can see, she stands alone inhaling the nicotine.  Don't move too fast, for she may kick you in the balls."  I turned to see Richie, with his shitty David Attenbrough impression."

"Hey you."  I smiled, standing on my toes to give him a hug.

"You've had a run in with Patrick I hear."  He asked, hugging me tighter.

"Wow, news travels fast, and it was barely a run in.  It was barely even a conversation.  He just told me to watch my back I guess."  I giggled.

"Wanna come get some lunch with me and the rest of the losers?"  I nodded with a smile.

We walked back into the school, laughing and joking.

"Oh my god, Y/N that wasn't very ladylike."  Richie wiped a tear from his eye, placing his lunch on the table.  The rest of lunch involved conversations about music, jokes about Eddie's Mom and laughing at Gretta who was trying to stare me out.  Lunch soon came to an end and once again Richie was walking me to my history class.

"Thankyou."  I smiled and gave him a hug.

"Meet us all outside the front later?"  He asked, to which I agreed.

I walked into class and smiled at the teacher, she was about 60.

"You're the new girl?"  She asked, standing up and shaking my hand before I could reply.

"Yes, and you're Mrs Jones?"  I asked and she nodded.  

I took a seat at the back of the class, a couple of minutes later, Victor walked in and took the seat next to me.

"Hey, new kid."  He smiled, kicking his bag under the desk.  I rolled my eyes and began to scroll through my phone.  Richie had tagged me in an off-guard photo of myself laughing at the lunch table, with the caption "She's beauty, she's grace, she'll punch you in the face."  I smiled to myself and liked his photography.

"Today class, I'm going to be pairing you up."  Mrs Jones said.  "Over the Summer, I want you each to research any chosen topic about the history or Derry, remember it has to be historical and you have to involve actual facts and not just make up anything, are you listening to me Mr Criss.  The assignment is due next Monday."  Everyone nodded, and I sat waiting patiently for my partners name to be called out.

"Y/N and Victor."  Mrs Jones shouted, I rolled my eyes and turned to Vic, who had a shit eating grin on his face.  

"Wanna go to the library and start the research?"  He asked.

"Whatever."  I sighed, walking into the hallway.

"This way."  He said, pushing me gently to the right.

I chose a table, far away from the other people who were there and put my bag on the table.

"So, what do you wanna do the project about?"  He asked.

"How about the missing kids."  I suggested.

"Why that?"  He chuckled, kicking his feet onto the table.

"It's weird, it happens every 27 years and there's no explanation, I mean Derry is a really small town, with no other towns or houses for miles, so I doubt these kids are gonna just walk off and never come back."  I stated.

"Not just a pretty face, I see."  He chuckled, "I'll go see what I can find."

I messaged Richie and told him about my new history partner.  Victor returned about 5 minutes later with a few books and a bunch of newspaper articles.

"This enough?"  He laughed, sitting next to me.

To my surprise, he was smarter than I had expected.

"So Y/N, what's your story?  He questioned, not taking his eyes off the pictures in the book he was reading.

"What the fuck do you mean, Criss?"  I looked at him with confusion

"Well unless you've lived here your whole life, which I know you haven't and that you've just moved here, people always have a story about why they had to move here from their old place, I mean NOBODY comes to live in Derry willingly."  He stated.

"Well, I was kinda hoping to keep this a secret but I killed my ex boyfriend after I found him fucking my best friend."  I lowered my voice and leaned in closer to him.

"Are you serious?"  Vic asked, moving away a bit.

"No, you fucking idiot!"  I laughed, pushing him.  "My Mum and Step Dad got offered a new job down here...  That's it really.  I mean my boyfriend did cheat on me with my best friend but I didn't kill him, Jesus Christ, Vic."  I giggled.

"Shit, okay...  Phew."  He exhaled.  "I was about to say, if you're a fucking psycho, then I should hook you and Hockstetter up."  He grinned.

"Yeah, about that...  Why does everyone call him a psycho?  The teacher even warned me about him."  I asked, intrigued.

"Patrick's got...  issues, he's never been normal.  Never has been, never will be."  Vic said.  Before I could ask him anything else the bell rang, signalling that it was the end of the school day.

"I gotta go, I'll message you later and we can arrange something."  He smiled, putting the books in his much bigger bag.

"I'll see you later."  I smiled, I watched him walk over to Belch who was standing by his car, I was still curious about Patrick and I wanted to know more.