Chapter 10

I had buried myself in books completely. I've skimmed through more than twenty books already, page by page. None had what I needed. I managed to snag a copy from Professor Alan's class when he was at lunch.

I left the ripped page open, trying to peice words together from books resembling the chapters the ripped page belonged in.

But even that was no use. I had all twenty books stacked on top of the table I was using. Empty peices of paper I had planned to make notes on. The only note I could think of was simple; whoever wanted the page to be gone, did a damn good job of it. But just like criminals they leave traces and clues.

I had decided the first place id start looking for all my answers is the first questionable thing I noticed. The same page from all the history books were ripped out.

I groaned in frustration. My hands knotted in my hair. Think, think, think.

I had asked the librarian at the front desk, shelves away from me now. She said she didn't know what i was talking about and ant history related subjects I had should be looked at in the history section.

Thats were I sat now, buried in enough history books to last me awhile, each three inches thick - two being the least. Xavier Academy didn't help at all. Secrets to The Unknown didn't seem to help either. Strange Things Hidden in The Woods didn't help, only seemed like information about the creators that lerked around in there- or lived. Hybrids and The Hidden Truth strikes my attention. I picked up the black book, no design on the cover at all, only black and gold as the title.

I flipped to the index, running my finger down the line of words. I don't remember reading it, nor putting it in the read pile.

Rulers of Our World, caught my eyes, page 456. I flipped through the pages again, finding the specific page before diving in.

Nothing new, the strong seemed to always rule. Hybrids being the strong in our world left no room for arguing for the place on the throne. It wasn't until a fateful day when the throne was re-claimed...

"No, no, no-" I flipped through the rest of the black marked pages. The sentences hidden beneath the thick markings. Each page for that chapter was marked out. Pages went back to their clear self after the chapter. I contuined to flip through it until more marked out pages flew by. I checked the chapter name. History of The King.

I groaned, slamming the book shut in frustration. It slammed louder than expected.

"Woah, pissed are we?" A voice spoke from behind me. My head snapped in the owners direction.

A guy, tall and buff- a little too buff for my liking, he sort of looked like a (barley) smaller version of Emmit from Twilight.

He had dark hair and green eyes. He was handsome, but something gave me a wrong feeling about him. He smirked and sat beside me. Not like Ra smirks, but a all too cocky smirk.

The chair beside me was now filled with his stupid ass. I squinted my eyes as his glanced shamelessly down my body, then to my books.

"History geek, huh?"

"No."

He raised an eyebrow, nodded his head to the books. "Then what's with the books?"

"Did I not tell you?" I asked him.

He frowned, "No."

"That's cause it's none-your-fuckin'-business." I folded my arms over my chest.

He smirked again, pulled his chair closer to mine. "Sweets, lets not play hard-to-get."

My eyebrow shot up, "Excuse me?"

He bit his lip, "My name's Gat, 'N I think it'd be great to hear you screaming that." His hand moved to my thigh.

Oh hell know!

I shot from my seat, pulling his collar before shoving my fist to his nose.

"Fuck!" He groaned, his hands shot to his nose. Blood oozed out pretty fast.

"Touch me one more time and i swear to the Holy Cheese Whiz I'll chop off your fucking dick and staple it to your big ass forehead." With that, I gripped him by the hair before slamming his forehead into the table.

He groaned again before I left. What an asshole, he ruined my investigation.

   "There's a guy with a broken nose and a split forehead in the hospital wing, mind telling me?" R asked, plopping himself down beside me on the lounge couch.

I ate a Pringle. "He touched my thigh, I punched him, and slammed his face into the table."

He nodded, taking a Pringle. "Good, I also re broke his nose."

"Howd you know it was me he was talking about? And whyd you re-break his nose?"

"He said and I quote "Some hot blonde with a big ass and amazing boobs wouldn't let me have it, all I did was touch her leg! And she beat the fuck outta me' so, I took a guess."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "So, someone says hot girl with a big ass and amazing boobs your first thought and guess is me? And you didnt answer my second question."

"No, I knew he was in the library, I knew you were. I know too many guys find you got and attractive. And yes I did. He said that shit about you and tried to fuck you, so I broke his nose."

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks then."

"Dont thank me."