part 3 || dog lovers

brooke POV

"So what does Miss Brooklyn want to drink," Harrison asks me after the spilled coffee fiasco is cleaned up.

"How about an expresso," I say with a small smile.

"Ahhhh I like girls who like a strong expresso," he says returning my smile. Wait did he just say he LIKED ME? Like, "like like" or just "friend like" I wasn't sure.

Once he bought my drink we sit down at my usual table, by the window.

"Soooooo," he starts.

"Yeah," I look straight into his blue green eyes, and blush, "sorry I'm not that good at human interactions," he laughs.

"Pretty, honest and a sense of humour, how am I supposed to keep up with you," he says, and my blush deepens. Nope it was official, he thought I was pretty.

"Okay this is what I do with guys, people," I correct myself, "when we don't know what to say," I clap my hands, "twenty questions,"

"Oh I love that game," Harrison says and smiles again, "okay i'll go first, what is your life like here,"

"That's an interesting question, that kinda makes you sound like a stalker," I say, when he opens his mouth to protest I laugh, "I'm joking. Okay hmmmm, my life. Well I have these two legendary roommates..." and I tell this random guy Harrison about my life. About my roommates, the book i'm writing, my waitress job and basically everything about my life.

"Okay now I have to ask, what is your story Harrison,"

harrison POV

I don't want to tell her anything. If she finds out she might not like me for me, or even worse she could just like Tom.

"Um well I've got a best friend too, he's pretty fucking awesome. I have a little sister named Charlotte, oh and I have a dog," she perks up at this.

brooke POV

"You have a dog too?" I ask excitedly and he nods.

"Yeah, Mont, do you have a dog?" he replies.

"A German Shepherd named Leo," I say and hand him my phone, where my screensaver is a picture of Leo. He smiles and then his face changes, he looks panicked.

"What is it," I ask and take my phone back.

"I just realized the time, I guess time flies when you're on a date with someone you really like," I look down and blush, "I've just got this thing going on in like ten minutes so I gotta go,"

"Oh okay," I pull a pen out of my coat pocket, write my number on a napkin and hand it to him, "here, in case you want a second date," he winks at me and flashes an award winning, absolutely adorable smile.

"I think I'll take you up on that," he gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and walks out the door, leaving me melted on the floor of the coffee shop.