Saturday, 10:43 A.M.

I flew through the hall, skidding to a stop when I reached the familiar number of room 325. The door was cracked slightly open, signaling to me that he was probably home. If he wasn't, I would just shut it and leave. A next time will always exist.

Creaking open the door slightly, I made sure not to make too much noise in case he was still sleeping.

As I walked through the door into the kitchen, I heard a slight sound of movement coming from the living room. It was slight, but I knew anyway that he was probably here. Quietly, I made my way into redemption.

A wave of confidence flew through me, ignited by hope. Even if I can't be the one, as Hazel may put it, I can at least be his friend. I can settle for that. Hazel is right anyway, I need to learn to move on.

I turned the corner into the living room.

Immediately, I stopped straight at what I saw.

Shame instantly burst through my chest, stimulating every negative emotion I could feel and crushing whatever I had left of my confidence.

Nick sat there, a girl on his lap in a suggestive manner. It was the cat lady--Eva? Was it?--just shamelessly making out with him. Right there on the couch. And I had just walked in. Nick and Eva quickly turned, their eyes burning into my soul.

Silence ran through the living room. The world froze, and it felt as if some deity stopped it to prevent disaster. The only thing seeming to go on or even move was the wall-clock and the jealousy that sweltered throughout my body. I could only think, "Hazel. I need to get back to Hazel."

Movement felt hazardous. Nothing but harsh breaths escaped us all. Eva's eyes were blown and slowly moved to Nick, whose face was painted with shame. His face was blotchy--from not breathing or because I had walked in--and his eyes held a silent pray, ridden with guilt and filled with hope that he was only dreaming.

"You need to move on. You need to move on. Fight it, say sorry, you need to move on." I chanted in my head. Despite my self-pep-talk, I still couldn't move.

Suddenly, another voice tore through the room. It was familiar, but I knew it couldn't be anyone here. It wasn't Hazel either. The voice was loud, brisk, and had a familiar gender-ambiguity and slurring twang to it.

" 'Ey, what's goin' on 'ere? 'oever lef' this door open, close i'!"

Suddenly a link clicked it my head. It was Leid, the kid in the blanket. The Blanket Lump.

" 'Ey! Are there people 'ere? I 'ear breathin' y'know!" Leid, unfortunately, found us all, supporting his obnoxious comment. I could tell they were male at this point, and "Woah! 'M I intrudin' on anythin' 'here? Wha's the ol' ca' lady doin' over 'ere?"

Quickly seizing the opportunity, I clamped a hand over my mouth and tore through the hallway, pushing my door open, slamming it behind me, and throwing myself on the couch.