Chapter 2

"I have no idea what's going on but someone tell me because I feel like this is going to get better and better," Valkyrie finally piped up, removing the awkward silence of the room they were placed in for the time being. She was amused of the story in front of her, enjoying the genuine shock on Thor's face when he heard.

"You have a wife?!" Thor finally bursted out, couldn't find it in himself to keep it in anymore. Loki cringed a bit, touching his ear.

"I can't believe this, Loki!" Thor shouted, luckily the four was alone or else that could've caused a bit of attention. But Thor couldn't help it, this was the first time he was hearing this information."How could you have hidden this from me?"

Loki only retaliated by shrugging his shoulders. It wasn't like he ever asked. "It never came up."

"And no, she is only my betrothed," he corrected, a small quirk of his lips broke out at the mention of that word. It's been a while since he use that, and boy, he sure miss it.

"Actually, unlikely friends is a better title," a cold voice interrupted. Thor, Valkyrie, Bruce and Loki all looked towards the woman surely had one of the iciest glare Thor has ever seen. But that quickly changed as she started greeting them with a warm smile. She bowed as she greeted the three with such hospitality. "Greeting, greetings. Welcome to Aikenheim. Welcome."

Her warm smile then fell to a frown when she reached Loki who already had a smirk ready for the woman as if he was already expecting that kind of treatment. "Except you." She squinted, glaring daggers at him.

"You don't have the right to even say that she was ever your fiancée anymore," she gave more emphasis on anymore. Thor, Valkyrie and Bruce identified her as the handmaiden of the Queen. By her clothes, she should be the one in charge of all the workers in the kingdom.

"Both you and my queen have broken off any romantic relations such as engagements and is no longer connected to each other in any way, especially that way," the woman filled in. She sounded a little too sarcastic and happy about what she was saying. "That is, of course, entirely your fault because of your disgusting lies and empty promises."

At then and there, the others could clearly infer that there was a lot of things they don't know about. The way the woman just talked about Loki was both insulting and degrading. But judging by the grin now settled on his face, he was enjoying it. Almost like he was teasing the woman just by seeming so unaffected, glad even, of her words.

"Mila, it's nice to see you again too," Loki laughed, he missed her harsh words. Somethings never change.

The handmaiden Mila only clenched her teeth, annoyed that her words didn't meet the reaction she wanted. Her smile appeared again and she hissed. "I wish I can say the same thing to you, Friggason, but, unfortunately, unlike you, I do not like to lie."

"Now do you? Because if I remember correctly, you lie as often as I do." Loki gasped dramatically, knowing how much it infuriated the woman for him to do so. The three in the sidelines couldn't help but watch the exchange, completely entranced. Loki smirked again at the woman, the look of triumph written all over his face when he saw her facade drop. "Does the queen know? Or do you just keep going on lying?"

Mila couldn't stop herself and she took a step forward, not backing down from the height difference she had with the tall god. She was seething when she first saw him at that plaza but now she could just rip his head off. She revealed a hidden dagger at her pocket and pointed it to Loki.

"Listen here, Loki, I don't know what game you're playing but you better stop. You've had the chance of a lifetime at the palm of your hand but you lost it. You know what you did and you know what you did was unforgivable. So I'm giving you piece of advice before you get too hopeful," she spat out, the next words dropping a few octaves, wanting him to take those last words at heart, "don't even think about it."