Lost

The hooded figure darted around through the halls in the castle of lions. Pidge, hunk and Shiro chased him, yet Lance and Keith were right on his tail. As lance shot at him, the intruder flung a strange purple disk at him, knocking the Bayard from his hands. Lance kept running, disregarding the Bayard. As they got closer, lance shouted "Keith! Give me your blade!"

Keith tossed him the blade without a second thought. The blue paladin threw the blade at the intruder and hit his hood, pinning him to the wall near the exit/entrance. Keith and Lance immediately caught up to him, while the others took a little longer to catch up. Once Keith got close enough, the hooded figure took out the blade as it turned back into a bayard, hit Keith in the stomach with it and lodged it in between his hip and chest plates. When Keith reached to dislodge it, the Bayard activated, stabbing the long red blade straight through Keith's chest. Keith gasped and moved his hands to where the blade was stuck. Lance, suddenly not caring about the intruder, rushed to Keith to hold him from falling. Blood trickled down from the corner of Keith's mouth, letting Lance know the blood was into his lungs. He didn't have long. The mystery person ran out of the castle, leaving everyone huddled around Keith. After the attacker was gone, Lance carried Keith to the healing pods in the infirmary. Keith was put in one, and Allura started it up. Everyone was there for hours, before leaving, all for Lance. Lance stayed right by Keith's pod, not eating, not sleeping, always waiting for him to wake up. The three other Paladins brought him food and checked up on the both of them. And no matter what, Lance would not leave.

TIIIIIIME SKIIIIIP!

2-month jump

Lance P.O.V

I sat by Keith's healing pod, leaving on the metal with my hand on the blue glass. Every once and a while I would look up to see Keith's face. All emotion was gone, and it almost seemed like he was sleeping. Almost like... he would wake up any moment, take me in his arms and hug me...

It had been 2 months since the hooded figure stabbed him. I was exhausted. Having slept only when necessary, and eaten when I had to, I was frail. I didn't care what I had to endure, just to spend every day with Keith. I closed my eyes as I lay against the pod.

Then, Keith came out. The pod door slid open, and Keith stepped out, looking like nothing happened. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around Keith's neck, practically screeching his name. He hugged me back tightly and chuckled. Keith chuckled a little as I clung to him like a little kid who lost their parent. As I began to start crying tears of happiness, Keith began to....dissipate. Almost like pixels. My happy tears turned sour with anger and loss as Keith went right through me. I fell to my knees by the empty pod. When I truly opened my eyes, Keith still lay in the pod, yet I felt more alone than ever before. God, I missed him.... I continued to weep at the base of the healing pod. The other Paladins had heard my cry, and they stood at the door of the infirmary. They could only watch, knowing they could do nothing right now. I cried myself to sleep, still hugging myself where I had held Keith.

Time skip brought to you by the gayness of Keith

3rd person P.O.V

**3 MONTHS LATER**

Allura, Coran, Pidge, hunk, and Shiro were drawing straws, to go see who would break the bad news to Lance. Allura drew the shortest, sighed, and entered the infirmary. Lance sat by Keith's pod, frail, thin, and looking so broken, yet somehow so determined. She approached the paladin slowly, almost like approaching a wild animal, or even just an introvert. Putting her hand on the Paladins shoulder, Allura spoke softly.

"Lance?" She said, her voice laced with the thick Altean accent.

His eyes flitted up to meet hers and then darted back down. Yet, Lance didn't move.

"I...Lance. It's been five months since the...The incident..." she paused.

"We all think...it might be better just to let Keith go... and move on with our missions... he has been out for a long time Lance. It's time to let go."

Lance just looked up with her, with those damn sad puppy eyes.

"L-let go?" His voice was thin and strained from not being used for so long. Allura only nodded.

"I don't... Do I have to?" Lance asked. Allura nodded again. The Altean then helped the now severely depressed Lance up from his seated spot. In their sad state, neither of them noticed the pod door opening with a hissssss noise. Keith stepped out and immediately coughed. Lances head snapped back unnaturally, and with a suddenly superhuman speed, he sped to Keith and almost tackled the mullet-head with a hug. Keith staggered and blinked a few times, confused.

"Lance? Allura? Where are the others? How long have I been out?" Keith asked.

Allura was already off alerting the others. Lance filled in Keith on everything. Including, how lance stayed with him every day for 5 months. After Keith was caught up, an uncomfortable silence filled the room. A minute later, Keith broke the silence.

"Hey... Lance?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you stay there? The whole 5 months I mean..."

Lance pondered this.

"I guess....I wanted to be the first person you saw when you woke up? I didn't want you to be alone after you got literally stabbed."

Keith smiled. "Well, Thanks"

Lance smiled back.

"Hey, Lance....Can I tell you something?"

"Of course!" Lance answered with a Still frail smile.

"I love you."