Hold my heart, it's beating for you anyway

Ashley's POV

Devin looked at me. His expression was sad, but his eyes were smiling.

-Thank you - he said.

I tried to smile but I couldn't. It was just too much.

-Come. - I said, grapping his hand and taking him with me to the couch. - Nightmare Before Christmas or Beetlejuice?

Devin's POV

Ashley... no one had ever told me that... I love her so much... I love it when she holds my hand... her warmth... she makes me feel safe... loved... she... she makes me feel like I'm not just another broken soul waiting for its time to die... with her I'm not just the freaky kid from school that nobody notices... with her I'm someone.

-Nightmare Before Christmas or Beetlejuice? - she asked when I sat on the couch next to her. - Today is our day together, you won't be alone again.

I wanted to smile but I guess it didn't work out very well.

I guess Ashley already knew my answer, because as soon as I looked to the ground to stop my tears from falling she had already put Nightmare Before Christmas on. She sat on the couch next to me again and put her arms around me, resting her head on my chest. I fondled her beautiful blood red hair, thinking of how I didn't want that moment to end. We didn't talk for half the movie, until it got to "Sally's Song" and Ashley looked up at me:

-Amy Lee's version is sooooo much better - she smiled.

-With that I have to agree. - I half-smiled.

Ashley suddenly stood up and ran to the kitchen, coming back a couple minutes later with a bowl of popcorn and a pack of mini-KitKats.

-Your favorite, right?

I smiled a bit more. She knows me better than myself.

-A smile... that's some progress! - Ashley smiled, sitting next to me.

-Thank you... - I said.

-For what? - she asked with her mouth full with popcorn. She's so cute all the time.

-Giving a fuck about me...

She stared at me and I started wondering if I had said anything wrong. But then she put the popcorn aside and put her arms around my neck. I hugged her back, smiling both inside and out.

-You will never be alone again Ghost. I promise.

Ashley kissed my cheek and giggled. Sometimes I wonder how she can be always so happy.

Ashley's POV

I love Ghost so much it hurts.But I'm so scared he doesn't feel the same for me... sometimes I even wonder if he's gay... no it's not possible. I like to believe Devin loves me back but how can I know if I can't tell him? Right now isn't the right time anyway. I fear this time he's too broken to be fixed...

We were cuddled up on the couch watching Nightmare Before Christmas on repeat because neither of us wanted to get up and change it. The food was already gone and we were just enjoying each other's company. What Devin needs now is a friend, and I'm here for whatever happens.

I started hearing some talking that seemed to come from upstairs but I didn't really mind it. Until I heard Devin's parents walking downstairs. I looked to the side and saw Devin snoring lightly against my shoulder.

-Oh my God you're so cute. - I giggled. He opened his eyes and looked at me confused.

-Uhm? - he yawned. - What happened?

-Nothing... - I said.

Suddenly Devin's expression went dark. His head shot to the side, hearing his parents' footsteps towards the living room.

-What is it, Dev? - I asked. His expression of fear turned to complete dread.

-They're here... - he mumbled.

Finally, after what looked like forever, Devin's parents came in the room. They were fully dressed up to go to work, and looked shocked. I felt Devin start to tremble and held his hand, squeezing it gently as rage built inside me.

-What are you doing here?