Miss Underestimated

CHAPTER 1~ Hanna Rivers

Say a big shot reporter asked you to do him a huge favor, would you do it?

I had to think about this. Very long. Long meaning about 15 minutes before I said yes. I knew about the consequences. I also knew about the trouble I'd be in if I ever got caught.

Regan Elijah Carter.

Son of Tank Revere Carter. His father is a multi billionaire because of his company in magazine producing and his wife, Elizabeth Mayer Carter is a millionaire because of her fashion industry. Both parents supply their son with so much money it could make babies cry. Their son is the CEO of a loan company which also has it's dirty secrets. Insanely dirty.

I am Hanna Rivers.

Low paid reporter who's work barely gets into papers. I have a nice family and good friends. I have 3 sisters and 2 big brothers. And I live an apartment with my roommate Mia. So, when my co-worker Winston Hughes asked me to do him a favor- how was I supposed to know it wasn't another one of his coffee runs?

"Hanna! River pool!" Winston called out to me.

I looked up from my mahogany desk and saw him rushing over to me with papers in his hand. Oh look! Another one of his famous lash outs finally getting into the paper. I returned to filing papers as he came over. Just ignore him Hanna.

"Hanna. I know we aren't the best of friends but I need a favor," He said all in one breath.

I slowly took in the view of my so called "friend". Best of friends? Did he really just say that? We aren't friends at all! He treats me with little to no respect.

His hair was a mess and his tie was out of place. His eyes looked tired and worn out. His usual preppy cheerleader-like attitude vanished. He looked stressed. For the first time in two awful years- Winston is finally looking like a bum.

Praise the lord.

"Need more coffee master?" I asked with my tone laced with pure sarcasm.

"Cut the crap. I'm being serious," He said as he pulled out a chair and sat in it.

He rest his arm on the chair and sighed. Okay now I'm concerned.

"Winston, what's wrong?" I said pushing the papers aside.

"Corey will have my ass. I can't do this new project he's asking me to do. I need someone- unnoticeable. Someone almost invisible. Like you," He said looking at me.

His dark brown eyes pleaded for a response.

"What are you talking about?" I finally said.

"I need a low class reporter to investigate Regan Carter. I wanna know that boy's secrets and alliances to getting so many companies and partnerships to help him with his own company. His new company. In producing. Hanna this could be it! Your final hit to being a famous reporter. Come on Han, this could finally make the boss happy," He begged.

It took me 15 minutes to respond.

"Hanna if your just gonna-"

"I accept," I interject as he spoke.

"-sit there and stare I can just ask another person it's okay. I'll just go ahead and leave and- wait a second! Your saying yes?" He said after realization of my answer.

I nodded.

He hugged me and squeezed really hard."Thank you so much Hanna!" He said smiling widely.

"No problem Winston. Can you- like- I don't know- let me go?" He finally released his Hulk grip on me and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Good luck Han. You'll have to deal with the handsomeness of Regan Carter. I'll give you directions for later. You start tomorrow," He said with a sly smirk.

"Wait what?!" I felt so pissed at that moment.

He tricked me.

He ran for it. I chased him down the building stairwell. We made it to the first floor in minutes and boy can he run! He swerved through the chaos of suits and ties quickly. I knocked into someone a little too hard.

"Hanna Rivers," A scarily familiar voice said.

Poop.