𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

alex had forgotten where she lived. she always forgot until it rained. the rain reminded her how beautiful the land around her was. it reminded her that she was nestled deep into the woods, surrounded by small creeks and trees that the animals called home. she loved the thunder, the lightning, the way she felt safe from the outdoors while inside her small cottage. she loved storms. but this storm was distracting her.

she sat at a wooden desk, pressed up against the window in her bedroom. the laptop was open in front of her; she wasn't interested. she was captivated by the storm, watching the rain steadily drip against her window, where dainty string lights framed the outer edges.

she began thinking. one hundred days.

what could she do in one hundred days? she would have her last birthday, her last thanksgiving. she would have her last summer party with her friends, her last walk with her dog. she would celebrate halloween one last time.

one hundred days.

today was august 20th. one hundred days would give her 'til november 28th.

she knew the hardest part would be accepting her fate, but she knew it was what had to be done.

alex snapped out of her daydreaming. she looked at the screen in front of her, clicking on one of the three tabs open. she'd finally made it to the dark web.

alex knew you weren't supposed to ever visit the dark web. but for what she wanted to do, there was no other way. this is where the hitmen are. this is where everything she needs, is.

she looked at the categories on the top of the page.

DRUGS WEAPONS ROBBERY MURDER

she moved the mouse to click on the 'drugs' tab. alex had never even touched a drug stronger than tylenol. she'd had offers for marijuana, adderall, even coke. nothing ever interested her.

a gallon size bag of xanax bars cost upwards of fourteen thousand dollars. she couldn't begin to think of who would have enough money to buy something like that, but then saw that there were other ways to pay; ways where you didn't need cash.

the equivalency to fourteen thousand dollars was as followed.

• four (4) AK-47's
• eight (8) gallons of O+ blood
• five (5) pure bread guarding / defense canines
• two hundred (200) license plates
• one (1) live body

alex was baffled. one live body was equal to four guns?
five dogs? what kind of currency was this? how would someone obtain eight or more gallons of O positive blood?

that's when her eyes lingered to the 'murder' tab.

she clicked again.

HIRE A HIT TODAY!

this is what she needed. this is what she signed on to do. she clicked on the box, looking at the form in front of her. when asking the name of the person placing the hit, she clicked that she wished to remain anonymous. when filling in the victims profile information, she filled in everything about herself.

the bottom of the page asked for payment. the grand total was a whopping one hundred thousand dollars. alex had 5 thousand in her bank account from working at pothead, a small coffee shop in salem.

however, she did have over 100 thousand dollars worth of property she had inherited after her parents had passed. her parents left her their house, along with the ranch they'd had. alex didn't want it. she was content with her little cottage in the woods.

she had gotten it priced a little over two weeks ago. the money sat on a visa card in front of her. she plugged the numbers into the form, and sat back, reading everything over once again.

you don't need to know much about someone to have a hit placed on them. you literally just have to have money.

her mouse hovered over the 'submit' button. she took a deep breath, knowing that after she clicked it, there was nothing she could do to stop her fate this time.

she yawned. she was tired. all around exhausted, drained, and ready to stop.

she clicked submit.

authors note -
hi! i don't know who is even gonna read this but i really hope whoever did enjoyed this chapter! i'm going to update probably wednesday & friday (coincidently) as it's days i do not have school :) see you soon!
- cal :) xo