Chapter 7

EMMA'S POV:

I went to my closet and started digging through my clothes.

I yanked a few aside, the hangers scrapping against the metal rod that held them up.

Aha! There is was...a black shirt, some black jeans and black sneakers.

Just what I needed to blend into the night.

I grabbed it off the rack and slipped out of my clothes, pulling the black ones on.

I tugged my sneakers onto my feet then quietly made my way down the dark hallway.

I knew the police would be here soon, surely the neighbors had heard all the noise.

With a slight quickness to my step, I hurry down the hall to the kitchen.

I sneak past the couch.

Man...my mom could sleep through anything when she had had enough to drink.

I shook my head in disgust and went into the kitchen.

Tap....tap....tap

I cursed my shoes for being so loud, but if my mom slept through a murder she could sleep through my noisy shoes.

I pulled open a few drawers until I found what I wanted...

A large butcher knife lay among other knives in the drawer.

I carefully reached down and picked up with a gentle, but shaking hand.

I held the handle tightly and smiled faintly at the though of stabbing this through that man.

I shook my head slightly.

I'm going insane...I know my thoughts are crazy and so is what I'm about to do but at the moment..nothing else mattered.

I hurried to the door and opened it up.

Sirens...I could hear sirens in the distance.

My footsteps quickened as I dashed down the empty street,

Tap tap tap tap tap

I didn't care about my steps that echoed through the dark street.

Nothing mattered but to get to that forest.

I ran straight to it and straight into it.

I felt branches whipping out at my face, thorn bushes cutting at my legs and my arms yet I didn't slow down.

I wouldn't...

I ran until I came to where I had saw the killer last.

There I stopped, my breath coming in short gasps.

I glanced around then up at the trees.

Nothing there...

My gaze lowered and that's when I saw slight dents in the freshly damp grass.

A small grin spread across my face.

Footprints...clumsy man had left footprints...

I gripped onto the butcher knife, hearing the distance sounds of sirens.

I knew they where closer but my mind made them sound dull in comparison to the fake screaming I heard.

The thought of killing him made me feel so happy inside..

I started following the trail of footprints.

There was no going back now...