Two Valkyrie Lost in Space

The gladiator cells are nowhere near as luxurious as the rest of the place. Thor and I are practically thrown in and the door is locked behind us.

     Thor gets to his feet immediately and starts throwing his shoulder into the door. As he continues to do that despite the fact that it's clearly not going to give way anytime soon, I inspect the cells. No part of this place looks like it could be called a cell, really. It's just a curving metal corridor.

     A few fellow alien prisoners lurk in the dark. I'm not entirely sure that all of these bodies are alive.

     "Hey, take it easy, man!"

     Thor pauses in his senseless barraging (is that a word) and the two of us look over to the source of the voice: A hulking figure made out of rock.

     "Over here. The pile of rocks waving at you. Yeah, I'm actually a thing, I'm a being," the boulder-man clarifies. "Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader, and I'm made of rocks as you cans ee, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid unless you're made of scissors." He giggles to himself, but I don't get what's funny. "Just a little rock-paper-scissors joke for you. Er-" Korg looksa round and seems to spot someone. "Oh! This is my very good friend, Miek. He's an insect and has knives for hands."

     A slug-like creature I assume to be Miek flips over to us and says hello with a few karate-chops in the air. Thor waves timidly at the creature and I roll my eyes.

     "I am Thor Odinson, the God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard. And this is (Y/N). Nobody really knows what or who she is, not even her."

     "You're a Kronan, aren't you?" I ask Korg, deciding to ignore Thor for the time being. I don't know how I know what a Kronan even is, but somehow my mind automatically assigns his appearance with the title. It must have been something I was aware of before I... lost my memory.

     "That I am," Korg confirms.

     "So how'd you end up in here?" I ask, beginning to walk down the corridor. I eye the scattered aliens with caution.

     Korg follows as he explains, "Well I tried to start a revolution but didn't print enough pamphlets. So hardly anyone turned up except for my mom and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator. Bit of a promotional disaster. But I'm actually organizing another revolution. I don't know if you'd be interested in something like that," Korg says. He pauses. "Do you reckon you'd be interested?"

     But I'm not paying attention because Thor has comes running behind us and bolts down the corridor. He must be back to trying (and failing) to find a way to escape.

     Peculiarly, just as soon, Thor comes running up behind us. He... looped back around somehow(?).

     Thor stops in his tracks, clearly confused. "How did you..."

     "No, no, this whole thing is a circle," Korg tells him matter-of-factly. "But not a real circle, more like a freaky circle."

     "This doesn't made any sense," I admit.

     "Nothing makes sense here. The only thing that does make sense, is that nothing makes sense."

     "Has anyone here fought the Grandmaster's Champion?" Thor asks.

     "Doug has!" Korg answers, beaming. He calls down the corridor, "Doug!"

     No response.

     "Oh, right, Doug's dead, I forgot. That's right. Everyone who fights the Grandmaster's champion perishes."