Chapter: 19

Chapter: 19

Ambitious girl, you just wanna' win. And you'd rather chase your dreams then to chase these men that try to chase these skirts, that try to chase these shots with flavors that ain't even as sweet as her

// Wale Illest B

----------------------------------------------

I shoved my text books in my book bag and threw my book bag over my shoulder. I got out my seat and left the classroom. I wouldn't be seeing this classroom for a few weeks since I give birth in a week. I left the college and went outside to my car.

I arrived to my job a small clothes store that barely got any business. Today was also my last day at work for a few weeks. I got out the car and walked into the small shop, a new girl named Justine had been filling my shoes until I returned to work. She was a young girl maybe in her teen years around 16 or 17.

Justine stared at my stomach. "Your belly has gotten so huge."

I sat down on the stool and waited for my manager to come out and speak to me. "I feel like a whale."

My manager came out the managers office and sat down next to me. "Great to see you."

I smiled. "You as well."

She pulled out four paychecks and handed them to me. "Here's your four paychecks that you earned. You're supposed to return to work a month after you give birth but whenever you feel comfortable to get on your feet again then you come. Okay?"

I picked up the paychecks and looked through them. One was $146.67, the second one was $347.90 the third one was $200.46 and the last one was $300.12. I feel like I worked my ass off and my paychecks came out looking like bullshit. I don't know how much longer I could keep working this job, it's like I'm working harder than I'm being paid.

I looked at the time. "Um I really have to go pick up my daughter from her grandmothers house."

She smiled and gave me a quick hug. "See you soon and I hope for a safe delivery and a speedy recovery."

"Thanks." I said before walking out the shop. I walked down the block to my car and got in. I buckled on my seat belt and drove around the corner to Ms. Debbie's house.

I parked in front of Ms. Debbie's house and got out the car. Antwon's car was here like always. I opened her door with knocking and went straight to the living room. Bre'yonna ran to me and tightly hugged my legs.

"Hi princess. Did you do your homework?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Yes dada helped me. One plus one equals two!"

I quietly clapped. "Impressive baby girl you're so smart."

I walked past Antwon without speaking and grabbed Bre'yonna's Bright Grape 6s and her jean jacket.

"When do you give birth Chanel?" Ms. Debbie asked me.

"May third." I said while getting Bre'yonna dressed.

"Is your baby's father going to be there?" She asked.

I shook my head saying "Yes". "He's coming next week the day before I give birth so that's good."

"Yo Chanel imma' just tell you straight up. I'm not gonna' sneak around I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to court." He said.

I stopped getting Bre'yonna dressed and turned around. "Go to court for what? Don't you have everything you want?"

He shook his head "no." "I need more visitational rights with my daughter and I feel like I ain't getting as much time as I should and that ain't fair so I'm going to court."

I held my head stressfully. "Are you purposely trying to start a fight? Antwon you see her every other damn weekend what more do you want? I'm pregnant and I don't need this stress right now."

He shrugged. "It ain't my fault yo' ass choice to get pregnant all I'm saying is I want more visits with my daughter and I'm not tryna' start a fight."

"This is not what I need right now Antwon. I don't have the money for a lawyer so can you just wait a few months? this is not what I need right now." I sighed.

"Nah." he mumbled. "I'm going tomorrow."

"Antwon seriously! You know what you're doing and you and I both know that you just want to get back at me or get revenge because I got the courts to higher the child support that's all this is about." I smirked.

"Well get yo' lawyer and I'll get mine" He warned.

"I don't have the fucking money!" I yelled.

"Well you betta' get it cause I ain't backing down. Get ready for a fight."

"Antwon you make me sick." I said before leaving Ms. Debbie's house.

---------------------------------------------

Antwon want a fight? that's exactly what he's going to get.