The Other Side

Chapter 1:
Elena POV
I love him.
Three words. A simply phrase that means so much. Especially considering that the 'him' is Klaus. The Klaus Mikaelson. The one who has killed countless people. Every time I see him my heart flutters in my chest. When he touches me electricity shoots through my body. But he could never love me. I'm just so plain. Boring brown eyes and boring brown hair, Klaus could have anyone in the world. Why would he choose a simple human like me. I sigh as I sit in my room staring into space. My phone buzzes and it takes me out of my daze.

From: Bonnie
Meet @ boarding house in 10. May have found a way to kill Klaus.

My breath hitches in my throat as I read the text message. I grab my jacket and rush outside to my car. I fumble with the keys as I finally get them in the ignition I speed over to Stefan's and Damon's. When I get there I see Matt, Tyler, and Bonnie's cars all in the driveway. I slam my car door closed and run to the door. When I barge in I'm nearly out of breath. Bonnie, Caroline, Tyler, Matt, Damon, and Stefan standing there in deep discussion, it seems that that when I barged in it snapped them out of it.

"Finally!" Damon says as he refills his bourbon. "I would have thought that when Bonnie said we found out we found a way to kill Klaus you'd be the first one here." I gulp.

"So have you found a way?" I ask slightly shaking.

"You alright?" Caroline asks eyeing me curiously.

"Fine. So have you?" I ask once again. Bonnie smiles a bit and nods.

"I have." She says triumphantly. She lifts up a stake that has something on it. "This stake can kill any original. Including Klaus and it will kill him and only him. Not the bloodline." I gasp. Everyone looks at me, eyebrows raised. I blush slightly.

"So when is this going down?"

"Tomorrow night. At the Mikaelson ball." Damon answers. I nod my head a bit.

"You okay 'Lena? You don't look so good." Bonnie says. I nod and smile a bit.

"Oh I'm fine. Just...tired is all." I lie. Bonnie eyes me for a minute then let's it go. "Well I'm going home. Bye." I rush to my car and drive all the way home before bursting into tears in my driveway. I just sit there crying in my car. Stupid to cry for Klaus. I know but I'm so scared that there plan is going to work. I finally get out of my car and wipe a few stray tears. I head inside my house and head straight for the kitchen and make myself a sandwich.

"Ok Elena what the hell is your deal?" A voice says. I nearly jump out of my skin. I look up and see Caroline.

"Jesus Care! You gave me a heart attack." I say finishing the last of my sandwich.

"Have you been crying?" Caroline asks as she gets a closer look at me.

"No." I lie.

"Elena your a terrible liar." She rolls her as at me.

"Am not." I cross my arms over my chest.

"Why were you acting so weird today?" I just shrug.

"I was just tired."

"Okay cut the crap."

"Caroline stop okay? I'm just stressed with everything and all that's been going on. It's hard on me sometimes. I hardly ever sleep." Which is quite a lie. I hardly get any sleep anymore and it's wearing on me. Caroline sighs and gives me a hug,

"I'm sorry Lena. Okay? I'm just worried." She laughs before going on, "for a second there I thought you actually liked Klaus." I chuckle nervously.

"You're delusional Care." She lays off and leaves a few moments later. I let out a huge breath when she leaves. I pull out my phone and dial Klaus's number.

"Hello?" A thick accent says. I smile knowing that accent from anywhere.

"Klaus hi. I have something important to tell you." That's the last thing I say before everything goes black.
*
I groan and blink a few times adjusting to the light. I try to move but I'm tied up with chains. I start to panic and try to get out of the chains constricting me to the brick wall. I don't recognize where I am.

"Hello?" I yell. "Help! Anyone there? Help me!" I rattle the chains as well. Next thing I know is a hands around my throat.

"Shut up!" The hand releases me.

"Katherine?"

"In the flesh." She smirks.

"Why the hell did I do! Why the hell am here?"

"Oh Elena. You see you were going to tell Klaus about the plan to kill him. Weren't you?"

"You'd-"

"Did I know? Oh I way my ways," she says looking at her nails then back up at me, "the real question is why did you want to tell Klaus?" I keep silent. "fine have it your way." She grabs my face and she pupils get small. "Why did you want to tell Klaus about the plan to kill him." I stil, say silent.

"Oops! I forgot about the necklace." I gasp as she rips it off my neck, "okay let's try this again. Why do you want to tell Klaus?"

"Because I'm in love with him." I say hypnotically. She pulls away and I look down at the floor. Katherine starts to laugh.

"Oh my that is rich! You love Klaus? How's that feel? Knowing he will never love you back?"

"Shut up Katherine." I hiss.

"Oh touchy."

"Katherine just let me go!" I plead. She thinks for a moment.

"Umm.. I want Klaus dead so no." She smirks as she sees my scared face, "does it hurt knowing that Klaus doesn't care that your here. I bet he isn't even looking for you."

"SHUT UP!" I shout. She smiles then in a flash she rips in my flesh starts drinking my blood. I scream in agony and soon pass out soon after.
*
I wake up with a pain in my neck and hiss at the discomfort and soreness of my body. Being chained to a wall and drank out of sucks. My throat is dry and lips are cracked. I don't know how long it's been. Are my friends looking for me? Are they even concerned?

"Sometimes I wish I was just dead." I whisper.

"That can be arranged." Katherine says. My eyes widen when I realized what's happening. Katherine's hand goes through my chest and rips out my heart. I slump against the wall. Cold. Heartless. Dead.
*
I wake up yet again in strange place. I stand up and walk around freely. Why can't I remember anything?

"Elena." I voice calls from behind. I whip around.

I gasp slightly. "Who are you?"

"Not important at the moment, honey do you remember what happened?"

"I was talking with my friends and I went home... and-Katherine! She-she killed me." I shriek. "Where am I?"

"My dear you are in the other side."

I know! That is crazy! Next chapter will answer all questions. Anyways did anyone like the chapter? Vote, comment, follow! Love you guys hope you like the new book. Will update You're my humanity tomorrow.~Finnickxoxo