twenty-two

🌹Ezzy🌹

=
~so deep that we might not get back up~

=

Never have I seen Jimin as furious as he is right now. His grip is so tight I can already feel a hand-print shaped bruise on my skin. I know he isn't intending to hold me this hard, but when Jimin let's his emotions take over them...

boy are they powerful.

My back is firmly pressed against the mattress as my wrists are angled upward above my head. His body slowly comes closer to my flattened state as my eyes are wide.

My breath hitches.

His head moves closer to mine.

I feel my heart stop beating for a moment when his nose touches the tip of mine. His warm breath grazes my skin and gives me tingles as our eyes lock with the other's.

For the first time, I see him in a different light. A light I shouldn't see my best friend in.

No, maybe this light has always been there. I just couldn't accept it for what it was.

A light that makes me feel things for him that I can't explain.

I see it in Jimin's eyes as well as I watch his gaze trace from my eyes to my lips. Both of us are thinking the same thing. Both of us are craving it.

And just as both of us lean in, Jimin pulls back. I feel my cheeks go red as his grip suddenly gets tighter again.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Kiyoo, Firefly." His voice is hoarse and raspy, yet quiet. I take a gulp and close my eyes in order to control my newfound sudden emotions for him.

"Kiyoo was just being nice to me, Jimin," I mutter. "He was asking about my life. We were having a nice talk."

I feel the pressure on my shoulders completely disappear. Jimin removes his hands and takes a step back from the bed while ruffling his blonde hair. I blink in surprise as I sit up from my flattened position.

"I don't care if it seems like Kiyoo is nice to you," Jimin's tone has altered itself and now sounds much softer. "You can't trust guys like him."

"So does that mean I can't trust you, then?" My mouth fires off.

Jimin's head turns to me with an aggravated scowl. "I'm nothing like him, Ezzy. You have absolutely no clue about what I've seen him do to girls."

I bring my knees to my chest as I sit on the bed. Jimin is still walking around the room in a stressed manner.

"What does he do then?" I ask.

Jimin stops walking and freezes. His eyes lock with mine once more as he slowly walks to me, sitting down beside me on the bed.

"Kiyoo does the same thing every time. He woos girls with words and makes them feel special. He pretends that he cares about them to the point where they fall in love almost immediately," Jimin sighs as I feel a pit form in my throat. "After that point, he fucks them a few times before breaking their hearts. I've seen the girls. They are all normally the badass, strong, rebellious type. He makes them feel like they are his world."

He turns to me and grabs my palms.

"He told me he was up for a challenge with you since you are a lot more reserved and kind compared to that type of girl. You are sensitive and passionate and deeply care about other people." Jimin smiles for a brief moment as he compliments me, making me blush.

"He said he was going to break you. It made me mad."

I watch his brown eyes fall to my palms as he turns my small hands over so the knuckle is upright.

"Heartbreak is the worst feeling you could ever imagine. I don't ever want to see you go through that kind of hurt."

And slowly, he kisses my hand before pulling me into a tight embrace.

And just in that moment, as he held me in his arms, I finally realized that I had developed feelings for Park Jimin.

×××
🌹🌹🌹
A/N: my freckles are slowly starting to appear on my cheeks 😊🌸 i'm so excited for summer

p.s. i have become absolutely obsessed with music by LANY recently. their songs are absolutely beautiful and make me feel at peace. highly recommend!

 highly recommend!