Quest Time with an Angel

YN's pov

I was currently looking for a quest to go on. There was all kinds of S-class quests that I could take but I wanted to go on a quest with Wendy like we did before I left. I eventually found one to do.

"Escort Quest? Haven't seen one of those in awhile. I'll accept it."

"Alright. Good luck YN" a voice spoke up from beside me.

I jumped back and looked at who it was. Mira had just appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She was giggling at my reaction.

"Thanks Mira. Please don't do that." I said finally calming down.

"Sorry. By the way, one day when I passed by you I saw a black box in your hand. Was that what I thought it was?" she asked with a smile.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I said smirking at her pouting face.

"Come on. Tell me please." she begged giving me the puppy eyes.

Damn those eyes. I've got to learn to resist them. I sighed and gave in.

"I plan on asking Wendy to marry me at some point. I just haven't found the right time. Please just keep this between you and me" I explained to which she nodded.

"I won't tell a soul." she said with a smile.

I thanked her and went to find Wendy. When I did find her she was playing with Christian and Happy. I made my presence known.

"Hey Wendy, I was wondering if you'd like to go on a quest together. You know like we always did before I left." I said with a smile.

"Sure I'd love to" she responded closing her eyes and giving me a big smile.

I felt my cheeks flare up when I saw that smile. I became a blushing, stuttering mess and Wendy looked concerned. Lucy was the one that pieced things together.

"Wendy, out of all the times you've smiled at YN. you've never given him that closed eye smile. You've left the poor boy starstruck" Lucy said giggling.

"How did this angel end up falling for me?" I unconciously said.

Wendy blushed a bright red in response to my comment. I blushed even more after realizing what I said.

"L-let's j-just g-go before my cheeks somehow get redder" I said to which she nodded with a smile.

Timeskip

After we arrived at the place the requester said he would be. He approached us and smiled.

"I guess you two are the ones who accepted my quest"

"Yes we are" Wendy and I said in unison.

"Great. Thank you. The place I need to go is passed beast-infested territory."

We nodded and started walking in the direction he told us. After a while two decently sized beasts attacked us. They didn't look like they would be too much trouble.

Wendy and I rushed forward at the same time the creatures did. One lunged at me so I jumped up and used its head as a springboard to reach to the other one.

"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!"

I punched the beast right in its ugly face sending it crashing into a giant boulder at a high speed. I turned my attention back to the other one. I motioned for Wendy to roar at it. She gave me a thumbs-up.

"Sky Dragon Roar!"

The creature was blown towards me by the roar which was a lot stronger than it was before. As the creature neared me I jumped up and nailed it with an axe kick.

I ran towards Wendy and picked her up in a hug spinning her around. She and I were both laughing. After we stopped, I looked at her with a big smile.

"That was incredible, Wendy!"

She blushed in response. We then turned our attention back to the person we were escorting. He was smiling at our antics. We both blushed realizing he saw the whole thing.

After we finished the quest and received our payment, we made our way back to Fairy Tail. I felt a hand take hold of mine. I looked over and saw Wendy smiling at me. I smiled back and tightened my grip a bit.

"I'll ask again. How did this angel ever end up falling for me?"