Soaked

"10:00 pm ," (Y/n) let out groan. She had just finished all her work at the agency and was now heading home to her artificial lover. She smiled of the thought of him peaceful sleeping within the sheets of their apartment bed.

Her mind snapped back to reality, causing her to groan again. She called for a cab twenty minutes ago, but it was no where to be found.

This couldn't get any worse..

Except it did.

Rain drops suddenly began to pound on the top of her head, pushing a shriek out of her. Out of all days to forget a jacket, she forgets on the she needed it most.

A pout escaped her mouth while she placed her hands over her head, trying to protect herself from at least a little bit of rain. To her relief, her cab only took about a few more minutes to arrive.

She got in, the water from her clothes instantly soaked the back seat. She felt nothing but cold and miserable, her feet ached and head hurt. She wanted nothing more but to go home.

She sighed in relief as the taxi pulled up to the front of her apartment.

Almost to warmth.

She fumbled around in her purse looking for the room keys, finally finding them after pushing aside a bunch of receipts that she was too lazy to clean out.

The door creaked out to pitch black darkness. Once again, she let out a groan and flipped on the light switched. She jumped, not expecting to find Ai sitting on the couch so quietly with his laptop.

"(Y/n)," He blinked,"You're soaking."

(Y/n) nodded and smiled weakly. The robot quickly got up and moved his computer. He went into  the bedroom for a minute, only to come back with a pair of clean pajamas.

(Y/n) laughed silently under her shakey breath, "Did you just go through my drawer?"

"It was necessary." He retaliated, leading her to the bathroom to change. She took the clothes and retreated into said room, hearing a few noises from the other side of the door just after it was closed. Footsteps paced around the house.

"Ai, what are you doing?" She slid on her shirt and hurried to get on her pants, "Ai?"

She cautiously opened the door after getting everything on, peeking outside into the rest of their shared space. A steaming mug was suddenly held in front of her face.

"Here."

"Cocoa?"

"Yes, hot cocoa. It'll warm your insides."

She stepped out, taking the cups in her hands. Her eyes glanced to his other hand which had an unfolded blanket that was from their bed. "And that?"

"To warm up your outside." He answered, draping it over her.

She smiled and giggled, "Ai.."

His head tilted at the sound of his name, and just for a second there was a smile on his face as well. The two of them retreated into the bedroom, where they got snuggled up in soft blankets and watched movies.

(Y/n) was buried in the warmth of Ai's hug and she loved every part of it.