|Chapter 9| Reiki

"There's disguises in the chest for you two," was the first thing Reiki said once they walked into a small home. He also added, "Get comfortable, I guess."

Gale scanned the room for anything suspicious. It's not like he didn't want to believe Nova, he did. However, he didn't believe her. Not a fiber of his being believed a word she said.

He changed his whole personality to get into the king's personal guard? Gale knew Reiki took extra precautions... But that was simply ridiculous.

Gale knelt in front of the chest and began digging through it. There was normal clothes, along with accessories that would change aspects of his appearance. He ended up finding a green dye for his hair, a pair of glasses, and another set of clothes. He also picked out a small plastic box. Inside the box was thin, small, and colored half-spheres. They were completely grey.

He turned to Nova, who was looking through the box herself, "what are these?"

"Um," she studied them, taking the box away from him. "I don't know what they're called, but they change the color of your eyes."

"Do I need them?" Gale asked.

"Let me see," Nova ordered. Gale turned, allowing her to study his bright red eyes.

They made eye contact for a couple of seconds. After Nova realized that what she was doing was called, 'staring', she quickly turned away while flushed.

"I- yes. Yes you should wear them."

"Okay... I just... stick them in?"

"Y-yeah. Best do it in front a mirror..." Her voice drew out. She doesn't remember the last time Gale studied something so closely before. Eyebrows furrowed, eyes squinting.

He looked vulnerable. 

"I have to go," Reiki interrupted Nova's thoughts. "Knight dinner."

"Have fun," Gale murmured.

"What time will you be back?" Storm asked gruffly.

"Won't be long."

He headed out the door with that. Gale watched him as he did.

"I'm not the only one who thinks that's a clone, right?" Everyone turned their heads to the speaker, to which everyone was surprised to who it was.

Nashi pointed towards the door while she asked.

"Am I the only one who doesn't think he's crazy?" Nova asked. "People change, guys."

"That much?" Gale asked. "I'm glad we found him... but I don't understand."

. . .

When Reiki walked into the bar, everyone had gone silent. It was a strange thing. Just by his aura, you could tell that he was powerful. You didn't even have to be facing his direction to tell that he was in the room.

Not only that, but, he never came to these type of events.

One of the guards snickered, "he probably heard about the Gates."

"Yeah, no kidding, he's such a wannabe."

They sounded like they could take on Reiki any time of the week. However, when Reiki shot them a dreadful look, a shiver went down their spine.

The redhead sat down at a small table, and waved a tender over.

She quickly got his order and served it to him, which was only some broccoli and beer. A strange order, but who was she to make a fuss?