CHAPTER ONE ━━ ASCENSION DAY

( act one a battle not yet won )
CHAPTER ONE
ascension day

( act one ━ a battle not yet won )CHAPTER ONE 「 ascension day 」

         ── THE TIME HAD COME, ASCENSION DAY HAD finally arrived

         ── THE TIME HAD COME, ASCENSION DAY HAD finally arrived. The hustle and bustle of the city was less than that of a usual day, everyone was preparing for the country-wide day. Men, women, and children rushed through their morning routines in order to get to the church in time. Everyone but the last Mildred in the city of York.

Lilith was the last and only Mildred left in the city, her parents died of a sickness that raided the city two years before, leaving her the head of her own household. Her brother disappeared years ago and no one has heard from him since.

"Lady Lilith?" One of her servants questioned, Lilith wasn't like her father, he didn't care to learn the names of the servants. He didn't even care if something happened to them.

Lilith was different she was kind and understanding for the most part. If they came to her with a problem she would do what she could.

"Yes?" Lilith replied as she looked up from the mirror in the room to the servant that was standing at the door.

"Will you be attending the Ascension Day ceremony, my Lady?"

"Yes, I was just about to leave. You may all be dismissed for today and join your families for the ceremony." Lilith spoke as she grabbed her headscarf and placed it upon her head hiding the beautiful brown hair underneath the material.

"Thank you, my Lady." The servant said as she gave a slight bow. Lilith watched as she backed out of the room. She could hear the servant tell the five other servants who had served in Lilith's family since before she was born.

Lilith never saw them as servants more as workers, as they were paid but she was also close to all the servants her family employed, most were let go due to the major loss of all of her family. Lilith then headed downstairs to join the people of the city as they made their way to the church. Her feet carried her to the front of her vast house as the servants exited; she walked out with them, closing the door behind them.