Chapter 19: No More Lying

Gears' Pov:
Sonic and Ira woke up, eyes widen and panting. Someone left them unconscious at the steps of our base. "Gadget! Where is he?" That was the first thing Sonic said which made me worry. "Did something happen?" Tails asked, clearly frighten a bit as well. "Gosh, Gadget was turned evil thanks to the Phantom Ruby. It's like he is under mind control!" Sonic explained as Tails led him to where the others were.

Leaving me and Ira alone, he seemed betrayed, scared, and on the verge of tears. "Ira..?" I tried putting my hand on his shoulder but he swatted it away. "Leave me alone.." He responded, he looked away and wiped his tears away. "Come on...let's go to my room and maybe we can talk." I suggested, he nodded and followed me to my room. He immediately sat on my bed and so did I. We sat in silence, he kept looking outside a nearby window probably thinking where Gadget is.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, making sure I sounded as comforting as possible. "You sure you wanna know?" He mumbled, he looked a little angry but I nodded anyway. "You are allowed to tell the others soon but listen carefully...Me and Gadget were secretly dating each other." He confessed, a small blush appearing while I just stood there.

I repeated what he said in my head just to make sure that's really what he said. "W-What?" I asked, my hand on my cast still shocked. "One day, I battled your brother and when I was about to finish him off, I realized he was my old friend. Something who stood up for me and I was bullied, I sorta revealed myself to him. At first we was scared but he calmed down, we hung out a lot in secret.." He explained, smiling all the way.

"One day, I confessed that I loved him. He couldn't stop squeeling for days but I realized I was putting him in danger..
~~~~~~
Infinite's/Ira's Pov (Memory):
"I believe it is best if we break up." I stated to the red wolf. "Huh? W-Why?" Gadget asked, clearly holding his tears back. "Because I'm Infinite! I don't have time for love!" I lied, my heart broke a little from seeing him crying. "N-No! Tell me why! This.." He didn't finish because of his tears. Lying wasn't gonne get me anywhere by now. "I..don't want to hurt you, I'm the bady guy while you're good. See we can never be together there are too many risks." I said as I floated, trying to fly away but he grabbed my hand. "I'm willimg to date you despite the risks. I don't care if you have enemies, I want to be by your side fighting those risks. I love you!" Gadget explained while pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back knowing there is no way to break up with him.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am glad, you told me. You loved my brother a lot and I respect that. Maybe if he remembered your memories together, he'll turn to normal." I said, holding his hands while smiling. He nodded, smiling still. I promise we'll get my brother back or HIS lover back.