》◆《

》◆《

   The sun was shining through the gloomy puffs of clouds the morning Alexis found out. She was just waiting for the School special bus like she had done every morning. All seemed fine in her world. She had a good breakfast, pancakes with maybe a little too much whipped cream, and she didn't wake up too late. But she knew something was off. The girl knew something out of the ordinary would happen, she just didn't know when. And that was killing her.

The teen was tapping her foot to the beat of the song blasting through her earbuds. An eye open for the expected  bus and another for anything that would be unexpected. Unfortunately, nothing had happened at the stop for the tin can of the bus pulled to the curb  for her to get on. Slipping out the worn out bus pass from her phone case she entered the bus. The smell of public transportation made her nauseous. The smell of strangers' body odour and the slight smell of cigarette smoke was too much for Alexis sometimes. If the smell was worse she'd stand by the second exit so that she could get fresh air whenever the bus stopped. Luckily, her school was a good 5 blocks away so she wouldn't have to deal with it for too long.

The bus stopped about three times in the past 5 minutes to allow the flow of people on. Sighing, she was thankful she had gotten a seat while the others were standing.
"Can everyone move back please," the driver shouted at the half asleep passengers, "I got at least another 3 stops."
Everyone slowly and reluctantly moved further to the back of the bus. She looked up to see someone standing in front of her. The male had a sweater and some dark pants. One hand was holding on to the bar while the other was on their phone. Alexis had a habit of staring when someone intrigued her and because the boy had quite the different look than most of the guys her age. Something about this guy seemed familiar but the girl couldn't put her finger on why.With curiosity getting the best of her, she looked him up and down. Fortunately to save her from being caught in her act the boy had turned his head. She got a quick glance at his face and she realized that this boy was indeed Peter Parker. Her cheeks flushed red and she turned back to look out the window.

Alexis had always had a crush on Midtown High's brightest. She'd known him since the seventh grade and ended up liking him later on in freshman year. The two were never close seeing as she was friends with Liz Allen since the third grade. Those two had been on more of the 'popular' side of their school's unwritten hierarchy. Peter on the other hand had his other half, Ned Leeds. Those two were inseparable no matter how much they were made fun of by the school's annoyance himself, Flash Thompson.  Years ago she would have thought her crush on peter would have faded like the polaroids she would have taken those same years. But nope those feeling washed over again after just a quick glance at the guy. She shook her head fighting a smile.

Out of no where, the bus came to a halt sending all the standing people flying. Peter hanging on for his life quite quickly. Alexis looked at the front to see two men that looked to be wearing metal armour with energy glowing around them. Without warning peter swiftly ran out the back door, leaving Alexis unaware of his disappearance.

The girl had stood up without even acknowledging her movement. This was what she was waiting for all day. The unexpected. She moved her blonde hair out of her face and moved forward. One fo the men had gotten in the bus and was getting ready to aim his machinery at her. 
"Sit down little girl," he taunted as the cannon like device loaded up, "this might hurt a little."
She was frozen in fear for she didn't know what to do or say to the man. The funny thing was she knew for sure that she and all these people were going to make it out alive. She clenched her jaw in determination that maybe that masked vigilante would sling one of his webs through the web and miraculously take down the bad men. Little did she know that that was not going to happen. But what did happen, she wouldn't have began to even imagine it.
"Little girl has guts to no listen to me." The man chuckled lowly. He pulled out a pistol and loaded it. "I'm going to ask again."
The blonde was aware of how much her body was shaking but noticed she was able to raise her arms up from her sides. She looked at them and crossed them together while reaching out for the man.  He cocked an eyebrow at her and shook his head. He raised his arm up aiming straight her chest.
"Sit down girly." He locked eyes with her while he pulled the trigger.

It all happened in slow motion in Alexis' head. The bullet flying at her. Her hands pushing toward the bullet. And all of a sudden the bullet stopped. She blinked twice still holding her hands up. She wondered if she was the one behind the pause of the compacted metal cylinder. She shifted her gaze at the man. His eyes wide. Dark thoughts flooded through her brain telling her she had him wrapped around her finger right now. He was trembling in fear as she was before.

She had the power to kill this man if she wanted, she end anyone life right now. But she shook her head.
"It's not worth it." She spoke out loud and lifted one hand in the air causing the bullet to shoot out of the roof.
"Get out."
The man quickly grabbed his cannon looked her dead in the eyes.
"That was a neat trick but I have a job to get done."

Blue energy shot out of the cannon, the pressure causing him to fall back. Alexis dove in front of the ray of the deadly blue and moved her arms in front of her. To her surprise her plan worked. She jerked back a little but managed to capture the power of that blast.

Now that man was truly stunned. She smirked, her arms growing tired of the work she had exerted into protecting everyone.
"I'm going to say this again." She mocked his words. Stepping towards him. "Get out."
The man struggled to get up. But he was too late. The power in her arms slipped out causing her to lose it all. She panicked and tried to grab it again, failing miserably. Tears ran down her face as she watched.

Out of no where like she had predicted, a web shot out pulling the man away wrapping him up in the process. Part of Alexis felt relieved that she had been helped out but the web slinger them self but the other half was disappointed that she couldn't have protected everyone.

The blonde glanced over to see that both of the men were taken down and tied together along with a note sticking on the webbing. She shook her head at the scene in front of her.

》◆《

After the whole near death experience fiasco, the cops came and arrested the evil doers. Alexis and other students from Midtown High were given the day off just in case the events had affected them in any way.
Alexis was surprised that no one had asked her what or why she did what she did on the bus. In a way she was thankful  but she was very confused as to why no one even asked.
All in all she was grateful  that everyone was safe and remained unharmed. She didn't have the energy to cope with the fact that she had stopped a bullet that fired at her.  But all she wanted at that moment was a coffee and a nap. Tomorrow she would worry about what happened.

》◆《

A/n
Heyyy first chapter :D
I hope you enjoyed!
Rate and comment !!
Until next time my dudes