Ecstacy

**AN** Im genuinely so sorry for lack of updates, but I'm planning on updates being more frequent than not, I've been having some serious life dilemmas and just crazy writers block, but I think I've really grown as a writer since my last update. Sory for rambling, may your Desus dreams come true in this chapter ;-) *

**************************

It was a sticky afternoon in Alexandria, people were bustiling around in the the nearly 100 degree weather, gardening, welding, getting along with their day. Daryl was a calm in the storm. He sat on his trailers porch smoking a Marlboro, he watched Jesus with squinted eyes from afar as he talked and played with the children that bustled about his lanky legs. Jesus smiled and laughed along with the kids, they loved him. Daryl always seemed to have a soft spot for kids, seeing as he never lacked in affection for Judith. He felt a smile creep on his lips when one of them - a girl with kinky red hair, and a pale complexion clung to Jesus' leg as if her life depended on it. All while giggling of course. Daryl didn't notice when Jesus caught his eye, not until he waved in his direction, a blush threating to creep up on his face. What the fuck was he thinking? Letting himself get soft with that man was trouble. Even though Merle wasn't around to torment him, he was still weary. He looked away quickly taking a long draw of his smoke, sharply inhaling and holding it before slowly exhaling, the thick smoke making a cloud in front of his face. 

Jesus flashed a toothy smile in Daryl's direction his icy blue eyes glistening in the Virginian sun. He forgot all about the kids scrambling about beneath him when he locked eyes with Daryl, his heart lept from his chest into his throat. Suddenly his throat began to feel constricted. Daryl's long brunette hair clung to his face and neck from the heat, Jesus found it undeniably attractive. When Daryl sharply turned his head, Jesus pouted. He patted the kids on the head and kissed the red-haired girls forehead, ruffling her hair as she giggled. He strode over to Daryl a warm, comforting gleam in his eyes. Daryl, pretended not to notice as the bearded man crowched next to him. 

Daryl was the first to speak, "What'daya want?" he said sharply.

Jesus let out a low chuckle, "Nothin, you just seemed, I don't know, alone, I thought I'd join you." 

Daryl sighed, giving up on pretending to not like the guy, he really did try. Daryl thought he didn't deserve the kindness he showed towards him. Jesus on the other hand thought he deserved all the kindness in the world. 

Jesus spoke up again "Whats on your mind if you don't mind me asking?" concern laced his alto voice. 

Daryl lift his head, turning towards Jesus, locking eye contact "M' brother." To be honest, as soon as the words left his mouth he was stunned. He didn't know why he opened up to Jesus, but it came easily, like he could be trusted. 

"Anything in particular about this brother of yours?" Jesus' voice was soft and gentle like a spring breeze, something about him so serene. 

"Yea I guess, he was jus real judgemental ya know? Wanted me ta be perfect, do everythin he did, be like em. But I wasn't n' he beat me for it," Daryl paused, looking at Jesus blankly, Jesus staring back with the same non-judgemental look as before, nodding his head. Most people would tell him things like "Oh my goodness, what a poor thing!" Daryl loathed the pity, he appreciated the way Jesus just listened. So he continued, "and he'd call me names, real nasty ones. I didn't mind the beatins', but the name were the wors'. I think he meant em' too. I always thought I could trust em, ya know? Which is why I tol' em I didn' like just girls. He was relentless bout' it, tol' everyone, even my ol' man." Daryl winced at the though of his drunken father. Jesus placed a hand on his shoulder, slightly making circular patterns with his thumb and scooting closer to Daryl.

"Thank you for telling me Daryl, I'm glad you felt comfortable." He really did, his eyes softening even more when he saw Daryl's eyes redden and a tear that he was most definetly hiding back lip down his cheek before he furiously wiped it away. "I really appreciate... you Daryl." His eyes flickered back and forth between his hand and Daryl's now more gentle expression. "Ya do?" Daryl was honestly taken aback by the other mans words. Jesus only nodded in response. 

"You know I'm gay Daryl, I can empathize with that at least." A half smile printed on his face. Daryl looked at him, his head cocked to one side curiously. Daryl looked away, this time less harsh with a small grin and a blush that was visible at the tips of his ears. Jesus stood to leave before Daryl stopped him. "Would ya like to come inside, its uh a lot cooler I guess." 

Jesus spun on his heel, "I'd like that." And together they walked into his trailer.