Always My Cousin (Chapter 25)

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much for all the support you gave me on the last chapter. I really did laugh at some of the comments you guys left.

And girl, if you spit your drink when you see I've updated,  get a new shirt 😂

Anyway! Enjoy!

Lauren's P.O.V
It had been a least a couple of days since I last saw (Y/N) and I've never been the same. Either I was craving my mate or I was just going crazy, I knew I couldn't live without her.

I pushed the food upon my plate as I was slumped in my chair. The sound of clanking of cutlery was the only thing you could hear at the table.

"Are you going to eat your food? Or continue playing with it?" My mother's commanding tone cut through the thick silence. Lifting my head up, I saw my mother eating while looking towards me with her eyebrows raised.

Placing my fork down on to the plate, I ran a hand through my hair as I sighed heavily.

"Why are we enemies with Werewolves?" I mumbled slightly.

"You know why Lauren. They tried to dominate the world. We couldn't let that happen so, we help stop the chaos that they were causing." My father's tone cut through the silence that filled the room. It infuriated me! For him to say such a thing and for him to know that my mate was one.

"Do you think less of me because my mate is one?" I was just trying to push my luck, trying to see what would come out of my father's mouth.

"Of course not. The god's have just cursed you with an insufficient mate and that has nothing to do with you." That was the final straw.

I dropped my cutlery before standing up from my chair, a sour look on my face. My hands were gripped to the table cloth as I stared down my father with this venomous glare.

"You know nothing about my mate!" My father sighed slightly as he himself placed his cutlery down and looked up towards me.

"Lauren, calm down. Sit down. You're acting ridiculous."

"She is the most loving person I have ever met. She is more than anything that I have ever dreamed of." A dream appeared in my head of my dear mate. Soon enough, my heart started to ache at the thought of how my mate was right now. All hung up and chained. All in pain. It hurt me.

"Lauren, stop this kind of foolery."

"No!...I now understand why my mate hates our kind. You destroyed everything dear to her."

"Lauren-"

"You are the monsters! My mate will never be a monster. Neither her kind. (Y/N) is the most sweetest person I've ever known."

"Lauren. Do not say that name." My blood was far beyond boiling by this point.

"What is so wrong about her! Is it the fact that (Y/N) is one of them? Or is it that (Y/N) is my mate and you can't bare the thought of it?"

"Lauren!" My father's tone did shock me to say the least. A low grumble could be heard and the tension was thick between our feud. "You have been tricked by her sorcery and you have been blinded! I will not hear anymore of it!"

I was taken aback by his tone. It was so aggressive and there was just venom dripping from his fangs. His eyes burned a fiery red and the look he gave me was something that could kill me.

"Now...if you aren't going to stop this foolery, go to your room." I was frozen in my spot. I was like a deer caught in the headlight. "Go!" He screamed causing me to jump out of my skin. Scurrying our of the dining room, I started making my way to my room without saying another word.

All I wanted was for my mate to be beside me. To hold me. To feel the heat radiate from her as her warmth embraces me.

Why couldn't things be more simple?

————
Josh's P.O.V
I didn't think running would be so tiring. Camila was keeping up with me just fine but I thought at some point I was going to be the one trailing behind!

I stopped for a brief moment, my hand on the bark as my chest was heaving up and down as I panted.

"Are you ok Joshy?" Sofia's voice interrupted my breathing causing me to smile slightly.

"Me? I'm fine." I chuckled lightly as I was trying so hard to calm down my heavy breathing.

"You know...if you transform into your wolf, you wouldn't be as tired."

Just the thought of transforming once again caused a great pain to pang its way throughout my chest. I knew I had to tell them at some point.

"I can't do that Sofia..." I mumbled lightly.

"Why not?" Sofia's head has turned sideways as a look of confusion consumed her expression. Her tone seemed to get Camila's attention as she walked up to us.

"I'm not a wolf anymore...I'm a vampire now." A look of shock appeared on both the girl's faces. The was a distinctive growl that erupted from Camila's throat.

"Who did it..." A snarl came from my older cousin.

"What?" I asked, being the clueless boy I really was.

"Who bit you?" Camila's venomous tone was clear and apparent to me.

"I...I don't know. All I remember was the fire before being dragged away from the side but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brad Simpson." Camila's growl got louder. Sofia was still looking at me with a shocked expression.

Shaking her head, she placed a hand gently on my shoulder as a warm, sympathetic smile overwhelmed her face. "Well...no matter what, you'll always be my cousin."

I appreciated her words and smiled towards her before thanking her for what she said.

What was I to do?