Chapter 1

A/N- This chapter has finally been edited. the others haven't been edited yet.

Song- Harold song- Kesha

Ashley x

---------------------------------------

Work had been tiring and all Harry wanted was to curl up next to his best friend, and get a decent amount of sleep before the early start in the morning.

But here he was, staring at the door waiting for Louis to arrive back home. Harry steals a glance towards the clock, as the bright green digits switch over to 12:03 AM. He can't help the nervous feeling stir inside him and rest in the pits of his stomach, but he shakes it off and blames the lack of sleep he's managed to get lately. 

Louis had left to go for a walk, something he occasionally did when he was stressed or just needed some quiet time. Sometimes that quiet time is what everyone really needed, especially with such a demanding job. It was always the same routine, wake up at 5, practice and then go to the different conferences and not get to the hotel until almost midnight. Not to mention all the concerts that were thrown around left, right, and centre. Harry brought his bottom lip between his teeth, chewing it slightly trying not to become too agitated. He was thinking to himself that Louis really should have returned to the hotel quite some time ago. Harry's fellow bandmates would be in a deep slumber by now, relishing in the small amount of sleep. Whatever sleep they could get that is. Harry had always had this thing where he couldn't get a night of proper sleep without Louis' comfort and presence.

With the feeling of sleep deprivation settling deep into his system, he forces himself to stand up and stretch his aching body. His hands are outstretched far above his head and an almost silent yawn escapes his lips as he begins to undress himself. He starts with unbuttoning his jeans and sliding out of them, followed by his shirt and then reaches for his jocks that were neatly placed on the end of the bed. Goose bumps instantly prickle his skin as his bare skin contacts the cool air that envelops him. He makes it a quick transition into his pants, desperate for warmth again.

His tired eyes instantly flicker over to the window and the there's a passing thought that he may as well check to see if Louis was returning from his walk. It had been almost 2 hours since he had initially left, and he knew Louis well enough to know that this was a longer route than usual. So he does. He crosses the room in a few quick strides, resting his hands on the windowsill and eyes focusing on the darkness of outside and the empty sidewalks. Harry had been expecting to see Louis' small figure making it's way back home, and his hopeful smile slowly falters at the realisation that Louis wasn't there.

He can't explain the feeling of concern niggling at every crevice of his body, threatening to burst into a full-blown panic attack at any given moment. So, he tries his best to keep himself distracted but as the minutes tick by he can't help but become increasingly agitated. Harry considers waking up the other boys just to see if they knew something that he didn't, which could very well be the case. Although Harry felt like he was the closest to Louis and Louis would tell him anything.

Harry slightly shakes his head before bringing his hand up to his face and flipping the dark chocolate mass of curls out of his eyes. He exhales softly and makes his way back to the tiny bedroom suite in search of something that would distract him from his anxieties. He reaches for his phone that's placed on the bed and stares at it while considering calling Louis; but then again Louis wanted to be alone and that wouldn't be exactly granting him that wish.

His eyelids feel heavy despite the slight adrenaline pumping through his system and he decides he may as well attempt sleep. If he's able to fall asleep and get a decent amount of rest, he'd not be a shell of himself throughout the day. As he climbs into bed and pulls the thick duvet of his and Louis' bed over him, he catches sight of a thick leather book. It's placed conveniently on Louis' beside table and Harry stares at it for a few seconds.