Chapter 4

"Ouch, what was that for?" Dinah asks, wrapping her arms around Normani's waist.

"What?" Normani asked.

"You smacked my arm." The younger girl responds.

"You were being too touchy." Normani replied.

Pouting, Dinah steps back and holds her hands up. "Then I won't touch you."

Normani sighed, she rolled her eyes.

Sitting down, Dinah sighs and places her hands in her lap. "Are we okay?"

"We are fine." Normani responded.

"Are we, really?" Dinah asks, she felt like they were becoming distant.

"Yes." Normani said.

Nodding her head weakly, Dinah looks down.

"We should make dinner." Normani said, looking at the clock on the wall.

"I have to work." Dinah responds, standing up.

"Oh. Okay." Normani sighed. "I guess I'll make dinner."

Nodding, Dinah kisses Normani's cheek and heads up to her room to change for work.

Normani ran her fingers through her hair and went into the kitchen to make dinner for herself and Camila.

"Mani, do you know where my journal is?" Camila asks, she was searching through the boxes for her song journal.

"Your journal?" Normani asked. She thought for a moment. "Try under your bed."

"I looked there." Camila responds with a frown.

"Hmm." Normani hummed in thought. "Try your bookshelf."

"Checked there too." Camila mumbles.

"I don't know where it is then, I'm sorry." Normani said.

Sighing, Camila moves over to the table and sits down. "Why did we have to pack everything again?"

"To keep it from getting messy from the build." Normani explained.

"Oh." The younger girl mumbles.

Normani turned to look at Camila. "What's up?"

"I'm nervous." Camila responds, she was going back to school for the first time in five years.

"Nervous? Why?" Normani asked softly.

Biting her lip, the younger girl sighs. "I'm nervous because I'm going back to school."

"Oh, right." Normani moved and sat down beside Camila. "Talk to me."

"I'm nineteen, and they had me do course work all the way through summer so I can go to my senior year." Camila mumbles looking down.

"You'll have Lauren." Normani said softly. "Her mom told me she has to redo her last year."

Taking a deep breath, Camila looks up at Normani. "But what if I do something wrong?"

"You won't. You're learning. You can never do anything wrong while learning." Normani said.

Biting her lip, Camila shifts uncomfortably. "What if I panic?"

"You'll be fine." Normani said softly.

"But I can't go outside without being scared." The younger girl mumbles.

"You'll be okay." Normani repeated.

Shifting, Camila moves closer to Normani and buries her face in the older girl's neck.

Normani wrapped her arms around Camila.