Chapter One...The Rich Runaway

CHAPTER ONE: THE RUNAWAY 

It has been three days since I left home.  I never knew that the day it would come, the day I would leave to pursue my dream, magic. I left to be who I want to be, a wizard.  I would like to join Blue Pegasus, they seem like nice people.  I considered Fairy Tail, but I have heard of their violence and their way of overdoing things, then I decided not.  I know they are the most powerful guild, but I would be a loser there anyway.  I haven't even practiced magic yet.

As I watch the trees run away as the train moves forward, I have the sudden urge to jump off and run home to my parents and promise to never run away and how I never want to do magic.  But it would all be a lie.  I was happy to leave.  Leave all of the pressure of acting like a princess, Princess Amarantha, daughter of the great buiness conquerer George Plankton, the man who takes rich people's money right from under them.  My dad's biggest accomplishment was taking everything from the Heartfilia family.  It was heartbreaking, he already lost his wife, his daughter and now everything he owned.  Though he wasn't a bag of honesty and grace either.

I shake the thoughts of home and focus on the feeling of choosing a teacher.  I am going to meet with a teacher named Rezar, he is pretty famous, I had written a letter to him telling him that I wanted to learn about magic and the different kinds.  He isn't going to teach me magic, but he is like a source to help me on my path to being a wizard.  I have been doing as much research as I can on magic without my parents noticing.  My brother is the one who wants to be involved in the family business, not me.

I am about to fall asleep when I hear my stop and I rush off to meet Rezar.  I don't see him anywhere, well at least I don't think so, I don't know what he looks like.  She said he would hold up a sign.  I look around and see a sign, but it's being held up by a kid about my age maybe a year older than me.  Then I hear my name, "AMARA!"  That is what people call me.

Then I realize the voice was of someone young, that sound is coming out  of the young boy.  I step back not wanting to believe it, I had been punked.  I am about to run, but he bumps into me, "Your Amara!"  Oh no, I had forgotten that I had told him that I would wear a white fringed purse with a long strap. GRRRR!!!!  

"Hi. I'm Rezar."  I look up and down his body to make sure I am realizing how young he is.  I think he realizes that he wasn't what I expected.  He blushes and puts his hand behind his head and giggles a bit.  "Yea, I guess I'm not what you expected.  Sorry, maybe I should have told you I was thirteen.  But would you have changed your decision?"  I sigh.  I am about to throw a tantrum and scream, "YES, I WOULD HAVE FOUND A DIFFERENT TEACHER!"  But I take a deep breath and realize, I never asked how old he was, as long as he can help me, besides I am only going to be with him for two months, right?

"I really don't care, as long as you can do what I have asked of you, I really wouldn't care if you were a pigeon."  I say, meaning that statement, just stretching the truth a bit.  I see him smile and he laughs.  He tries to help me with my bags.  But he can't even pick up one off the ground.  "What the hell did you pack in here? Boulders?"  I smile and I take the bag and I easily pick it up myself, being a princess, many people want to take me, so I have to learn some defense skills and always carrying shopping bags.

I see his face turn blue of humiliation.  I smile, that's what he gets for making me think he was a wise adult.  He doesn't seem that bad, who knows, maybe we can become friends.  Then a part of me says, I doubt it.  Just learn and get out.  I hand him my lightest bag which I toss to him, and he falls right onto his back when it accidentally hits him in the face.  I cringe at the pain, but then I laugh.  I hold my hand out to help him and he takes it, I feel a rush.  No, not now.  I let go and he falls backwards again with a big OOOF!

"Hey what gives he asks me while rubbing the back of his head.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to!"  I yelp in sorriness afraid he won't teach me.

"You're lying, you did that on purpose I saw you!"  He yells at me in annoyance.

I stay silent afraid whatever I say next will set him off, and I don't want anything to slip either by accident.  But isn't this why I'm here, to find answers.  I say nothing more.   I grab a wagon and put all of my bags onto it and reel it into the dirt road and I see such small houses made of mainly logs and straw and and some of bricks.

 He takes me to a small shack.  "You live here?"  I ask, still standing in the middle of the dirt road. "Yes I do, It's quite cozy, come inside and I'll show you to your room.  "Wait there are two rooms in this house? How?"  If I could even call it that, my bedroom is bigger than the whole one story house.  He walks up to me and gets close to my face, for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me, but that was just a brief moment.  I had put my lips in my mouth.  "Look, I am welcoming you into MY home, where I will be teaching you.  You are MY student.  Not everyone could live in richville like you did.  There is a reason you left, now like everybody else you have to make a living!  So don't complain!"  He turns around and heads back inside.  

My stomach blenders with guilt.  I hate it, but he is right, this is my new life now.  And I roll the light cart of three bags and I roll them through the front door, walking into my new life.  An adventure.  What I have always wanted...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?  LET ME KNOW! I AM PLANNING ON WRITING A CHAPTER TWO!!!

If you have any ideas about anything, let me know, I am always open to ideas, please let me know on anything, what I should have, what I shouldn't, etc... I care about other's opinions!