Sleep-Walking: 3 of 8

Again there was no response from him; but Logan, who had looked up from his book answered in a slightly befuddled tone, "I...I think he's sleep-walking."

The three remaining in the commons looked between one another, "he's never done that before." The moral aspect didn't even attempt to keep the confusion he felt from seeping into his voice.

The scholar placed his novel on the end table before looking back towards the stairs, "how would we know? He hardly sleeps at all; so, the odds of us noticing at all are...well...infinitesimal." Morality had to stop himself from giggling at his eldest son was finally being able to redeem himself by using the word correctly, but he seemed more focused and concerned with the disappearance of the other.

Standing, Patton looked back to the steps, "well kiddos, I think we need to watch over him so he doesn't get hurt." He noticed that the Prince hung his head, but neither brought attention to it, maybe Virgil had been telling the truth all along.

The three still present nodded in agreement, following the forth, together they made their way to the second-floor, to see if the stumbling about had woken Anxiety. When they reached the corridor, they were all shocked to see the door leading to the room of the sleeping facet was open. He never left it that way, originally because he didn't want the others bothering him, but now it was for their safety, he kept it closed so that their curiosity wouldn't lead them to the corner of the mindscape that would make them as anxious as he was. Even weirder was the dark persona himself, he moved about the hall as if he could see, and yet his eyes were closed. He held a small, black object close to his chest in such a way that Morality couldn't figure out what it was, but before he could point it out, the voice of the fight-or-flight reflex rose into the quiet. "No no no! I have to fix this!" Even though his shoulders were relaxed from sleep, his voice was tinged with fear.

The others gazed at him for a moment longer before both Patton and Roman turned to face Logan. He apparently understood the unasked question, and formulated an answer, "it would seem that he is talking in his sleep as we-"

The intellectual was cut short by the negative archetype, "I have to get to the bottom of this before someone else gets hurt!"

"Someone else?" The lighter figment's voice closely followed the exclamation, "what does he mean by that?"

The other two sides shrugged in defeat, Logic coming across as particularly wary. "This is my fault! Mine and mine alone...can't you see that!" Virgil paused for a long moment, as if listening to some unseen individual, "I'm the fight-or-flight reflex! I have to be able to help the others when they are in danger! If I can't do that...then what can I do?"

The happier character drew in a quick breath; his words hardly more than a whisper, "that's almost exactly what he said to me last night when I went to confront him."

He moved to help the usually observant trait, but was quickly stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Turning, he was the teacher shaking his head, "don't...if we wake him, we run the risk of him hurting himself or one of us. Research shows that sleep-walkers have a tendency to react in extreme ways if woken during an episode."

Their attention shifted back to Anxiety when his scared cry pierced the air again, rising even further with panic. "Please believe me, I know I should have told the others the truth last night but...I-I didn't want to them to lose what little trust they have in me!"

Princey's eyes burned with the same fury they had seen the night before and at the breakfast table, "I told you he pushed me!"

A stern glare from the parental aspect made him look away, "and I said no more accusations; besides, we don't even know what he's talking about."