Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

I ran my fingers over Teddy's favourite jumper, dark green in colour and woollen in texture. I pressed a kiss to the sweater, wishing that my twin brother's scent still lingered on the material – but four years was a long time, and that was the last time he'd worn it. "I'll be back in a minute for you, Teddy" I whispered to the jumper, smiling softly.

I left the jumper on the bed and headed down to the house garage. Brett, Chris and Jared were putting their bags into the back of Chris's truck. Brett, as a new Alpha, had to begin to make his way around to the other Pack's in the country and formally introduce himself. He was going away for a week, to meet three different Alpha's, before going away again at the end of the month to meet the rest.

Part of me was excited to have the Ranch to myself – as the other Pack members were going away for the Full Moon Cycle – but I was nervous as there would only be Vic left with me. I wasn't scared of Vic, I was pretty sure that Brett wouldn't leave me alone with a psychopath.

But, more than anything, I was pissed. My brand-new husband was going away for a week...and it was the week of the Full Moon Cycle. The Full Moon made Werewolves very eager to mate and the desire we had was hard to control. And I had been hoping that Brett and I would finally consummate our marriage.

"Hey, you here to see us off?" Brett smiled, as he spotted me. In the few days since Chris had taken me shopping, Brett and I had gotten friendlier. But that was all it had been. Friendly. And that was why I wanted to finally have sex with him, because we currently weren't a couple, we were just cohabitants of the same house.

"Are you sure that I shouldn't come with you?" I frowned, worried about my marriage after just two weeks.

Brett offered me a tight smile, "no, it's alright. You just chill out and relax for the week".

"Relax? Chill out?" I frowned, "it's the Full Moon Cycle this week". An emotion I couldn't quite work out flashed through my husband's eyes.

"You'll be fine" he grinned, pecking my cheek before moving his way towards the driver's door.

"What about Vic? Aren't you worried about him and I alone on the Full Moon?" I challenged. Brett's bottom lip quivered, almost in amusement, as his brother full out laughed.

"If you can get Vic to even notice you're female, I'll be impressed" Chris whooped, making the other men laugh. "That guy has no desire. He had never once taken a Moon Lover".

I raised an eyebrow in shock, "never?"

"Never" Chris laughed. That shocked me, the Moon Desire was not something people could usually fight – me included. I'd made many mistakes because of Moon Desires and I thought that would be over when I was married, but I wasn't too sure if Brett was disappearing on me already. I wasn't too good with impulse control.

I said my goodbyes to Brett and the others, before heading back to my bedroom. Once I was sure that they'd left the ranch, I locked all the doors and centred myself . I had been wanting to contact my brother since I had come to Montana, but it had been too dangerous.

I was a telepath. It was an extremely rare gift among Werewolves and telepathic Wolves were seen as the strongest type, so much so that most Pack's tried to entice telepaths to their own Pack through the promise of mating them with their first born She-Wolf.

My father found out I was a telepath when I was only a toddler and he noticed that I was able to show him my needs and wants. My father had made sure that no-one knew I was a telepath because then every male Wolf in the world would be after me. I'd be in danger from Wolves that may not want to take no as an answer. So, I knew not to let anyone know that I was a telepath.