ONE ▌ JJK

01The Castle그 성▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

01
The Castle

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Jungkook paused as he felt a ear shattering roar above him. The damp ground beneath his black hunting boots shook, sending waves through his body as his muscles tightened. The black haired male looked up at the manhole that was above him, the daylight that managed to push its way through the holes was the only thing Jungkook could see. There was no sight of the flying creatures that roamed the day, but he knew it was close. Too close.

The fur on Jungkook's long coat tickled his neck and chin as he turned his head, the darkness of the sewer carried on through the everlasting long tunnels. It overtook him, blending him into the walls.

Jungkooks mind took him back to the thoughts of his brother Yoongi. He can still remember the last day he saw him...the last words yoongi told him before he was taken. 'You will find me...I know you will'. Those words was spoken ten years ago, ten years and Jungkook still doesn't know where the creatures took him or why.

The clank of Jungkook's boots hitting the puddles of water on the sidewalk echoed around the sewer. Every splash and clank sent a tsunami wave of worry over him, wondering if the creatures or the guards above could hear.

His leather gloved hand gently trailed over the rocky wall, feeling every dent and bump as he walked. The overpowering stench that lingered in the sewer made Jungkook's nose sting, it was a feeling like he had just got punched in the face.

Just a little bit farther now, just a little bit farther...

Jungkook repeated it over and over again in his mind, trying to calm his racing heartbeat that was going hyperactive with every step he took. The second he saw the sight of a right turn in the sewer he knew he made it, he made it to the kings castle.

Jungkook fluttered his eyelids closed, his heart jumping at the thought of what he was about to do. The risks he was about to take... but the faint image of his brother's smiling face flashed in his mind, made him seal the deal with his fate.

You're doing this for Yoongi....you have to do this.

Jungkook's gloved hands took ahold of the old rusty ladder, he could feel the rust fighting against the gloves, pressing into Jungkook's palm. The blade of the knife he had hidden under his coat sleeve gently brushed against his wrist with every movement.

The sudden sound of two deep voices above made Jungkook freeze halfway, his grip on the ladder grew tighter as he drew himself closer towards it.

The guards talked rapidly in hushed voices, as if they were terrified that someone would overhear them.  if someone heard them they would be dragged off to the underground prison and be executed.

"Could that accusation really be true?" One of the guards with a slightly higher voice asks. Jungkook could practically feel the shakiness seeping out of the young man in waves.