Chapter 13 -He got problem issues-

Chapter 13

-He got problem issues-

*****

She was losing the game. Eistrid's eyes met Loki's emerald green ones. His eyes seemed to grin at her as well. She can't believe how this guy seemed to be playing the game so well. He seemed to enjoy seeing her losing, as her lives were nearly outnumbered. One wrong move, she'll die. She will lose.

No. She never loses a game like this. How can she live? Loki's were even barely touched, like everything was played by tricks. These maybe are just illusions.

"Your turn." Loki innocently said. He wasn't grinning, but funny how his stunning eyes were. She glared at him.

"Damn you! I never lose in a checker board! Are you using any of your tricks again? Huh?!"

"This is just a nonsense Midgardian game. I could even play with my eyes closed." he boastfully said. Eisy scoffed. She can't believe this guy.

"You're cheating!" she accused angrily. Loki grinned about this time.

"I am not. For a mere thought, you cannot just accept you were losing in this such... mortal game. They're just like puzzles, you see."

"This is ridiculous!"

"Now, I don't know what your rage was tampering about. It is just a game, Eistrid."

Loki's grin only grew wider, still enjoying how Eistrid's face was flushing deep red in pure anger at such a child game.

Eistrid have been very bored at that afternoon, and was so tired of watching Loki reading some random old books from her library that once owned by her foster parents. She suddenly remembered about the Checker board that was always hidden at her room, deciding to teach Loki about the game. Loki was indeed very clever for she only instructed it twice to him. And they were playing for the fifth time and she was still losing. She had never lose this game before.

"You are unbelievable." she grumbled.

"Cookies for treat!" Sylvie appeared just behind her, placing a plate with a pile of chocolate cookies. Sylvie took one and sat beside Eistrid.

"Wow, Eistrid is losing again! Haha! Now you've found your match." she teased, wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

"How I hate this man's wits." glaring at Loki, she grabs a cookie and walks out off the table.

"Now you're giving up?" Loki raised a brow. Eistrid turned to face him.

"I am not. You and your tricks. I'm seeing it, you cheater! You're using your damn tricks, how am I supposed to play on such a dirty game?"

"It's what you call, Manipulation. Have you ever heard about that?"

"That's awful. I almost forgot you were the so-called God of Mischief, Tricks and Lies. Wonderful. There's a word called Sarcasm, ever heard about that?"

A knock on the door had interrupted them both with their argument. Eistrid volunteered, stopping to Sylvie to check the visitor.

"I'll go check it." she sighed.

Walking into the door and didn't even bothered to check at the peep hole, she swings the door open. A pair of flaring brown eyes bore like daggers through her. She smiled sheepishly seeing Cara standing there with her arms crossed over her chest.