Chapter 8

Chapter 8, Fate

      Fate is a funny thing, and has done more damage then good. I can't say it was fate that brought me to my mate, but Florence. The person who had sent me to them knowing I was running from them. I just kept thinking when did she know, how did she know, and when did she find out.
      Edith strength vanishes from her body has her so called mate yanks her off the ground. She felt butterflies in her stomach but she knew that it didn't mean it was a good sign. Her own body was telling her there was something off about this man. Edith looked around her has five wolves from earlier surround them, but soon left. Her mate had grabbed her by the upper arm and began dragging her. The stories of hearing your mates touch would cause spark where lies, because all I felt was pain. "Hey watch it your gripping a little to hard there buddy" I said to him, he ignored me has he continued dragging me with him.
     I didn't know what to do in this situation. Do I fight back or follow him, I didn't know. Just because we are meant to be doesn't mean we would be a perfect fit. He was a mutt and I'm two half's of trash. I couldn't be mated with completely, but that was the least of my worries at the moment.
      "Let go of me" I ripped away my arm from his grip. He didn't like that but I wasn't going to let him have his way with me. "We just met, mated or not you don't just go forcing me to follow you" I said to him. Edith looked around and she realized she didn't know where she was in the forest. She couldn't pick up a scent besides wet dog around her. Her mate stepped closer and was face to face with her. "I don't have time to deal with your attitude, lets go" He grabbed onto her again and continued dragging her. "Well your hurting me" Edith ripped her arm away from him once again.
      Her strength in her body felt different, she felt different in general. The pain came rushing back out of nowhere and she fell on to her knees. It was the same as always, she couldn't breath, couldn't move. She began coughing and blood dripped form the corner of her mouth. "Fuck" she mumbled before the pain knocked her out again.

************************
      The pain never goes away and she didn't know why or what to do. It felt like a seed inside her chest and every time it would grow a root the pain would come back. She didn't know where it came from or what to do. Edith thought it was from the drugs but she would just reset her system. Everything would be cleared out even the urge to go do drugs. She didn't what to do with it but she didn't care as it was fair since Noah is dead because of her.
      Edith was locked in a room, she was sitting on the bed. Many things crossed her mind as she stared at her hands, stained with Noahs bloods. She was caught up with her "mate" that she forgot all about her hands and clothes. Edith finally felt the anger rushed through her body. I didn't care if the room wasn't mine but I couldn't hold it in. I screamed out in anger, I was mad at myself. I threw the lamp at the door. Edith continued wrecking the room, she broke the wardrobe, the bed frame, and etc. She had blocked the door with the bed and mess so no one could come in. They had locked her in and she was making sure she was locking herself in. So no one could come in, has she had heard people try to open the door. She was starting to feel everything again and she hated it.
      The room was a mess has someone finally managed to force the door open. Edith was locked in the bathroom. There were broken shards of glass in the bathroom floor, as she had broken the mirror and the lights. Edith was sitting in the bathtub letting the cold water hit her. She had tried scrubbing the blood of her hands but it didn't work, has she had only ended up cutting up her hands. Edith was crying, she didn't know what to do.
      Someone banged on the door, "Open the door" they demanded, it was her mate, but Edith didn't budge.
      I just wanted to be alone, I can't handle doing this right now "Open the door!" He shouted. I didn't respond and not long he was kicked the door open. His shouts sounded muffled as I stared straight in front of me. He picked her up from the tub as he noticed she wasn't listening to him.
      He had brought her to the infirmary, there medic looked at her hands. "Her wounds are healing but very slowly" she spoke not to her but there Alpha. "Why are you covered in blood and who's blood" he asked as Edith has the healer wrapped her hands in gauze. "It was a friends" Edith spoke but her voice sounded horsed. "I didn't kill him but I didn't help him either" Edith admitted, has she stared at her hands. "What are you exactly" he continued asking, he wasn't going to leave until he got answers. Edith stayed quiet she didn't know how to response because she wasn't even a full vampire.
      "I...I don't know..." All she knew was that her humanity was slipping away, slowly. Edith felt the mood shift as the healer body became tense. Something wasn't right as her body reacted and stood up. Edith looked at the two as she backed away. Not long three guards came in. She didn't know what she did wrong as they stalked towards her. "I don't know what this is about but I had nothing to do with it" They weren't listening.
      Edith noticed the window to her right and immediately reacted with out a second thought, with all her force she had slammed through the window. They were on the second floor of the house. Edith didn't care about the minor injuries as she quickly got up from the ground and ran. She didn't know where she was running to as long as she was not longer there.
      My strength started to return, I was able to start picking up my pace, my body started to heal. I no longer felt this surge of pain running through my body. I could hear foot steps chase behind me. His scent filled my nose and my heart yearned to go for him but my mind knew other wise. Fate was something that I feared and being fated to someone was the thing I feared the most. I soon noticed my speed decreasing "No!" I shouted and tried to push my body once again. It was already to late he had caught me. My body hit the ground and I fought out if his grip, but he was strong. "Let me go already!"
      I didn't know why he was so forceful in trying to keeping me there. The look in his said it all, he hated me. So why go through all the trouble in keeping something you hate around. I was trying to do both of us a favor but I guess he can't handle the idea of being weak from rejecting your person.

************************

      Edith was chained off the ground, the chains would burn her wrist but it felt more like a sunburn. All she could do was wait for what nonsense they would accuse her of. This wasn't the first time Edith was in chains. The first time was after a 2 months of being turned a vampire hunter had caught her. She didn't get to see the sun for almost 5 years, the only reason she was freed was because Henry only to be used for his amusement for another 5 years. Until, Florence came into play and put a stop into his craziness.
      Time felt like it was going slow, Edith debated if she should just go to sleep but if she does she wouldn't know when to wake up. Last time she almost ended up in eternal slumber and she never tried again. It felt like a life time as passed until someone walked in. Edith was swinging side to side trying to entertain herself. "Why were you covered in blood" she looked up at the person. Edith continued swinging side to side, ignoring him. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be" the man spoke again. "It doesn't concern you, it as nothing to do with any of you" She grumbled under her breath. The cell then fell quiet as if the guard was debating his orders. He looked at the wall trying to fight it.
      "Even if you believe me it won't end up good for you. Defying your orders isn't something they let slide so easily here" He looked back at me. We both new what had to be done. Commands where harder to go fight back. He clenched the metal bar in his hand. I could smell it from where I hanged, hemlock, a vampires weakness.
      The mans eyes changed to a hazel and then proceeded to hit me with the rod in his hand. I hissed as not only from the pain from the rod but the poison burning my skin after. The sensation made me want to scream but I bit my lip. "Why were you covered in blood" He asked again, I could see a piece of him was rethinking his orders so much. "Seni affediyorum ama siktir git" I spoke in my native tongue. He shook his head and swing the rod again and again and again.

************************
      I hissed as my wound painfully healed. I was sitting in the corner of my cell as the man that was torturing me was named Finn. He was the packs delta, apparently the beta was wounded and couldn't be the one to "get answers from me." I only found out because they forgot to close the basement door that leads to the cells. When two guards came to give me my food.
      When I think about it now it makes sense now, his purpose is to serve or protect the luna. His means of torture aren't extreme. I mean its not fun getting hit with a rod but he's always an anguish every time he smells and hears the sound of my flesh burning from the toxins on the rod. Finn always throws up in a bucket that was kept for here. I'm assuming he knows but orders are orders. At this point everyone knows, but they are forced to stay quiet.
      "I'm so smart when I'm not on drugs" I thought to myself. I yawned as it was time for Finns beating again. I heard the door open and then began stretching my aching body. "Okay man just hit me on the head and knock me out this shit sucks more for you than for me-" I stopped talking as it was the guy from before, the alpha if that's what you wanted to call him. We just stared at each other, well he looked like he was gonna kill me if I was being honest. I wasn't gonna lie, not today at least. I took a breath and began talking.
      "Look I had nothing to do with what happen to your beta, I smell of mutt blood because a dumbass bit my brother, so I don't know did you take a nimble at a human recently because he's dead now and his-" The words got stuck in my throat but forced them out. "His blood was on me because I found him hurt. Your beta was injured when I was already here so don't point finger at me"
      He just stared at me not saying a words. I heard the door open again, it was dark in here but I could smell him. "Here he comes"
      Then it hit me , theirs only one pack near the town. This is the only pack that runs for mile besides the Greys Pack, but they are located in Canada. My eyes changed, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I wasted so much time and never realized.
      "It was you...you bit..." My teeth clenched as he walked closer to my cell. My eyes filled with hate as I stared at him. I could feel my throat start to burn and my chest start to hurt. I ignored it as all I could think his what he did. Finn picked up the change in atmosphere. "You killed him!"
      I was now standing again the cell bars, clenching the bars in my hands and you could hear it creak under my palms. Even if they were covered in venom it didn't burn it didn't sting. He looked at me with disgust. "I did nothing he was close to my lines and he was a rotten body just like you" The rage was consuming me and I felt my blood boil, my heart harden. I didn't care about our connection and he clearly didn't either.
      "He was human! He was only 17 and you killed him!" I screamed at him. Before I could pull the bars apart. Finn pulled me away, holding me away from the bars. "You killed him and he was human you fucking mutt!"
      It was safe to say I hated this man. I was cursed to be connected to something so cruel, but I guess its my punishment. Noah shouldn't be the one to be punished for my mistakes. The only sound I could hear was the sound of ringing in my ears. Then I started to sob and scream.
      All my so called mate did was watch and then walk away. My heartache in so many ways but most of all for Noah.