Chapter 2

One random Saturday, the cube began to move in a mysterious way. None of them could stop thinking about it. They went to school on Monday. That's when Katie finally understood it, in the middle of her math class. The professor would talk about whatever he wanted to.

In his office, the professor was thinking about what to teach his students today. A person who would always say random things was outside his office today, pacing and muttering. Suddenly, he heard the word tesseract and decided to teach about that.

Katie was listening to her professor and then he said the word tesseract. She heard someone murmur something that triggered a brainwave.

"Like tesseract like in Marvel?" asked a voice.

Marvel? Tesseract?  Uh... unlimited energy!

Thoughts zoomed around in Katie's head and after class, she told the others that they had to meet today.

When they got to Alex's home, they examined the cube. Alex took a scan of its insides to find it was, in fact, a tesseract, one with a lot of energy.

"We know that it has a lot of energy, but what happens next?" asked Dylan.

"Wait, it moved!" yelled Alex.

"Yeah, we know," groaned Katie.

"No, it moved clockwise, like a clock. It had an edge pointed straight up, I marked it in case, and now it's a little bit to the right!"

"So, what happens when it hits midnight?" asked Dylan.

"BOOM!" yelled Alex. "The energy is released. We need a way to contain it, and we need to know when this will happen."