Ugly Jealousy

A.N. I haven't updated in a while, so I finished the next chapter and posted it on FF, then posted this one. I'm hoping to get another chapter done tomorrow or Monday, before the Money In The Bank PPV Monday morning so I don't have to write through or after it. I'm not sure about the ending, but it is probably going to get better (actually, I think in the next chapter it will). I am going to work on a story with Edge and Christian in it, but that won't be the pairing. Anyways, enjoy and stuff like that.

April hadn't slept that well in months, actually being able to sleep a full night as opposed to waking up every two hours trying to not cry. Jon had been the same, cuddling his girlfriend softly and feeling her hair under his face when he woke up.

It was a house show that day, and both only had two more days on the road before going home for two days. They were flying to Chicago that morning; April didn't want to wake up and do a show that night if it meant she had to go there.

"You gotta wake up." Jon light shook April's shoulder as she purposely kept her eyes closed shut tightly. Chicago reminded her of Phil, no matter where she went, it would always be affiliated with him in some way.

"I don't want to." She mumbled into her pillow, rolling onto her stomach and burying her face into the pillow. Jon got out of the bed and gathered his clothes before stepping into the bathroom for a quick shower to wake up a bit.

April raised her head slowly and looked at the clock on the bedside table that was opposite her side. She groaned and her head fell back onto the pillow.

"3:39 AM? It's too early!" But April knew she couldn't go back to sleep, if they missed their flight they were screwed! So to keep herself busy, she started to get dressed and got her toothbrush and hairbrush. Jon walked out a few minutes later, drying his hair with his towel. April always liked how small droplets of water would land on the shoulders and back of Jon's shirt after he showered.

"You can get ready now." Jon yawned and stretched, then pulled April to him. The two kissed shortly before April brushed her teeth and hair in the bathroom. Jon had already packed his bags when he grabbed his clothes before his shower. April had kept everything of hers tidy wherever she went. She changed into different clothes and zipped her bag quickly.

The pair had gone down the elevator together, along with Nick when they stopped on his floor. Celeste had looked relaxed and happy as she embraced April in the lobby. April guessed she was happy that April seemed genuinely happy. Nick hadn't glanced in Jon's way, but had light grazed his fingers on April's waist; she tried to not shiver in disgust.

April was consoled by having fifteen minutes extra to sleep when in the car, and even more when on the plane to Chicago. But when having a decent nap, she was once again woken up by Jon; this time she woke up in a not-so-comfortable way as her foot hit hard on the bottom of the car seat in front of her.

"You know I shouldn't have to keep waking you up?" April, feeling too tired from waking up twice in about twenty minutes, only stuck her tongue out in response to Jon. Celeste had started to pull on April's arm, tugging the smaller woman as suitcases rolled behind the pair. Jon followed closely behind.

It had not just been April that dreaded going to Chicago; almost everyone on the roster had been worried, some immensely and others only in the slightest. Jon worried someone from Punk's family would be watching out for them, on the lookout. But then again, Punk's relationship with his family was strained more and more over the years, no tattoo family crest would be enough to tie the dysfunctional family together.

Never before did her fiancé's hand feel so cold and uncomforting to April as she tried to not rock back and forth in her seat. The sick feeling in her stomach slowly grew as they flew closer to Chicago by the hours and minutes.

'You're almost there. Just get out of the airport as quickly as you can,' April thought to help herself. It only had her hold off the sick feeling for a few minutes before it returned again. And sleep was never an option for April when she was overly upset.

XXXX

"Have something to eat, April." Natalya and Brie sat at a small table in catering with Celeste and April at the arena. Celeste was desperately trying to give some April some of her small bowl of Mac and Cheese in vain. It had ended up taking Nattie to hold April's body and Brie holding April mouth open and making it stay shut to eat.

April was dressed in all black for her attire, and was now excited to be with her boyfriend and friend in the Shield. She would be at ringside on commentary for a Shield match, as she wasn't allowed to be involved in any male matches.

'Stupid women's wrestling policies!' April thought bitterly, wishing she had been around in the company when women were actually allowed to wrestle against men. Though, the thought of possibly wrestling anyone she cared about scared her a little.

She walked down the ramp, smirking as she lightly tapped her hand on fans' hands. Colby and Jon were taking on the Uso brothers. They looked at her with light smiles when she sat at the announce table, placing a headset on with her hair tucked behind her ears.

"Let me be the first to say welcome back, AJ." Michael Cole exclaimed, having April smile when The Shield's music played. "And it looks like you aren't alone."

"It sounds like someone doesn't want me with The Shield." April joked with Michael as Colby rolled over the barricade, with Jon following close behind. He smiled at April when doing his pose on the second turnbuckle and jumped back into the ring.

"So, AJ, why is it that you were gone for over six months?" JBL asked, and April glared at him momentarily before her attention went back to the action in the ring. Wishing she hadn't, seeing Jon getting a beating from whichever Uso it was.

"I don't see how it's any business of yours, John." April's gaze went back to JBL's. "And I don't want a corporate suck-up like you to know about my personal business, anyway. Why don't you go and kiss up to Stephanie or maybe get on your knees in front of Hunter?"

By the time John had gone red faced, as a result of embarrassment and anger, Jon and Colby had gained the upper hand. Colby had tagged Jon back in, allowing Dirty Deeds to be planted on Jay. The Shield had picked up the win, having April toss her headset almost immediately over her shoulder and darted into the ring. She held both men's arms in the air then hugged both men.

XXXX

"Can't we do something?" Complained April, as she laid out on the bed. Jon was playing a game on his phone beside the bathroom door.

"Have you forgotten where we are, April? I think Punk's family would want our heads."

"Ugh, don't remind me!" She climbed down the bed and crawled to sit in Jon's lap. "We can always just go to a restaurant nearby, something quiet."

"You really are bored, aren't you?" April nodded enthusiastically, and Jon looked through his phone a little longer, typing when he found what he wanted. "Okay, I texting Cel and she is going with us."

"Basically what you're saying is that Colby will follow along?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

The two changed and met Celeste and Colby at a restaurant that was within short walking distance of the hotel. Everything was going well, until April spotted someone staring at her from another table.

'Nick!'